1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to be Straight!?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by clarkec1, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Caliber

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Its sad that you feel that way, yes its painful and hexagon is right it doesnt work, I can't say much because i have never been straight, yes i have acted it around everyone in my life and it made me more miserable than being gay. The self hatred eventually will change, it takes a long time but it will change. Be who you are

2. TSN2012

When I first found out that I was gay, I wanted to become 'straight' so badly. So like you, I was really ashamed of myself. I was on the internet for days, looking for any pills or 'hormone' or 'therapies' that I can take to become straight etc... And I am going to tell you now (like many other people have already mentioned), there's no way that you can change your sexuality (in the future, who knows?..but right now, don't even bother trying). I know it's not really the answer you want, but it's the truth.
    But let me tell you one thing right now, being a LGBTQ etc... is nothing to be ashamed of. It took me years to realize that and to accept myself, but all I can tell you is 'it gets better.' There are several stages that you will go through, but the day will come too when you realize that there's nothing wrong with you. Just remember that it's the people that 'hate' you for being gay that should be ashamed, not you. :slight_smile:

3. Unknown5

Unknown5 Guest

We all wanted that at one point, but we all realized you can pretend to be straight and live a unhappy depressing life, or be yourself and enjoy life. Trying to change your sexual orientation is like trying to change your eye color, you can wear sun glasses to cover your eyes, but wouldn't you rather just enjoy. We only have one life so we should live it the way we were we are. Being yourself is the best thing you can do and the happiest way to live. As time is going by society is progressing and becoming more and more accepting of people like us.

If you ever need somebody to talk to I'm here, you can just message me.

4. Stripe101

Been there, done that. You know the answer my friend.

5. maverickhunter

You can't force yourself to be straight if you have a different sexuality... You need to accept yourself as who you are and not pretend to be someone you're not... Trying to make it up will only make you feel sad and worried and you will never be truly happy.

6. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wanted to be straight two years ago, too. I'm now 15, out to all but family, and mostly happy. I hated being gay when I was 13, but in only two years, I've come to accept myself. You can't change, and you'll grow to accept it over time, don't worry. (*hug*)