1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL: facebook pages I can't press "Like" because I'm in closet

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ticklish Fish, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Starling

Out Status:
    All but family
    It was pretty much the most horrifying thing ever

2. Dave5432

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hope I will be ready to do that myself at some point. I already have several friends on FB who are gay, but if that has ever raised concern with my more "traditional" friends, they've never said anything.

3. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's soooooooo true. :grin:

4. little dick

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Dear Tickle Fish :

Facebook would be a great way to tell people that I want to get out of this closet that I'm in. Thanks for the suggestion!!!!!

Only one problem: My Mom goes on Facebook all the time, and if she even sees that I'm on this, I'll get a phone call from her, telling me to get " that shit " off of Facebook before my relatives see it. Mom has done this to me a couple of times before. Usually,
    Facebook doesn't even work on my computer, but one of my stupid friends wrote something really stupid on Facebook about me, that wasn't true, and immediatley, I was called about it, telling me " to get rid of this shit ", and I didn't even see what was supposedly written.

Jayme

5. Ticklish Fish

I have my mom on facebook too, as well as some relatives lol. IDK their views on lgbt at the moment...
    but for now, i'll just lurk those pages whenever I stumble upon them.

and ouch, your mom sounds controlling on facebook, have you looked into privacy settings?

6. maracont

The awkward area between bible belt and large city
    Im very passive agressive about coming out. See what im trying to do is make it so i send off so many red flags, be so open about my sexuality without actually saying anything directly to them, or saying im bisexual. That way eventually they will ask me if im straight, becuase it will seem as if ive simply forgotten to tell them.

to answer the question, nope. I like and favorite coming out videos, i make totally gay and totally straight youtube comments and facebook comments, without actually coming out directly.

its PERFECT!

Anyone else tried this approach?

#26 maracont, Jul 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  7. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just went onto FB & some of my Female Friends & one of my Gay Friends were commenting on Andy Murray's Butt whilst watching the Tennis & because I am not out to them, I couldn't join in :frowning2:

8. biggayguy

I'm so out on Facebook it's not funny. Of course some of my "friends" from high school won't speak to me now. Others try to witness to me. Some of my family members unfriended me. I mostly just play games on facebook. Oh...and I'm on George Takei's fan group. He posts some very funny stuff. What really outed me on FB was having a heated discussion with a guy from high school about gay marriage.

#28 biggayguy, Jul 6, 2013
  9. Stripe101

I haven't been on facebook in 4 years...

10. evora

I have extreme privacy settings so I felt comfortable to 'like' a few pages. First it was Ellen DeGeneres, then something called LGBT Equality Wordwide, Amnesty International and a few similar ones. I've no idea if others can see my likes, or only if they like them too...:confused:
    But I have this fear, so I never dare to 'like' individual posts because I know my 'friends' would be able to see them, for sure.

11. Garciano

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Lol!! This is soo true!

12. You are too much.

13. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been out to Facebook for a while now, and I used to be afraid to like certain pages. However, now, that I've been dating women more openly, it's kinda hard to hide certain things. I've even changed my "Interested in" to women only. If you have friends/family that you're worried about knowing who you really are then just delete them. They most likely will not even notice that you unfriended them and that solves the problem.

#33 pinklov3ly, Jul 6, 2013
  14. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I always get nervous when gay-themed ads (most of them are vacations to Miami) show up in my FB side bar.

15. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Most of mine were like sexy underwear ads and HIV testing ads lol but then I downloaded Ad-Block and all is good :slight_smile: But on my mobile, I get app suggestions for gay social networks, I can't help but chuckle.

16. Gibson85

Some times I've wanted to like on pages but some of my family are not supportive in any way. So a little similar in the boat. Although I did join one page that others cannot see a while back. I dont know how guess they made it private.