Gay friend?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by robotman, Jun 30, 2013.

1. robotman

Hey, I was just wondering do any of you know places or groups that I can go to meet gay people/friends...

Like I don't know any gay people and I feel like I have many friends... When I hang out with them I don't feel fully comfortable because they are all straight and I feel awkward. They don't know I am gay but I just don't feel like I can be myself, so I was wondering if any of you know where I can go to meet like minded people and make friends?

2. Shadowchaser

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would recommend going on tumblr.
    That's a good place to find friends in my opinion but that's just me bro. I apologize if I wasn't much help but hey I'm trying here.

3. robotman

Thanks for the answer man, is tumblr like twitter? but I was kind of looking for like suggestions in real life, like I mean clubs, groups or like sites? where people can like meet up?

4. Jared

We're not allowed to name meet up sites on here. And honestly the ones I can think aren't that great for friends, they're more hookup/dating, mostly hookup, sites. I would try to look online for LGBT events near where you live, or see if there is a local LGBT Center in your area, at least in LA I know of one in Hollywood and one at UCLA. I met a lot of my gay friends at my university's LGBT center.

5. robotman

I live in london but I can't really find anything online, I will try looking again, thanks for the help anyways