1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Abortion poll (may be triggering)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MerBear, Jun 29, 2013.

?

What is your stance?

1. I am female and Pro-life

10 vote(s)
    4.1%
  2. I am male and Pro-life

20 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. I am female and pro-choice

65 vote(s)
    27.0%
  4. I am male and Pro choice

122 vote(s)
    50.6%
  5. Mixed/unsure/No opinion

24 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh, yes, because those two statements are clearly equating the ability to carry a child to "womanhood."

Not really. But if it makes you feel better, have at it.

2. kulele

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Either way it's cissexist and it'd be greatly appreciated if you could use gender neutral terms. :slight_smile:

3. biggayguy

I've enjoyed a pretty nice quality of life. even though I've never walked without crutches and braces. My disabled friends have also had good lives. Sure, there have been lots of surgeries and hardships but I know very few people that don't have some hardships. If someone doesn't have a functional brain that would qualify for abortion to my thinking.

4. MerBear

i Just dont see how some people think someone doesn't have the right to have a abortion. Moral or not.

#184 MerBear, Jun 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  5. kulele

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey, I'm really self conscious I'm harping on about this, but could we try to use gender neutral terms please, because uterus =/= woman and the cissexism is really quite hurtful? I get we mess up sometimes and that's okay, though. I'm probably going to leave this thread for my own sanity, though.

6. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel that even if the child, fetus, whatever, isn't at the point of being capable of living outside of the parent carrying him/her, they still have a right to an opportunity to live life.

If the parent doesn't feel ready to be, well, a parent -- I think there are better alternatives besides abortion. And again, rape, incest, or if the parent's life is in danger is a different circumstance.

7. MerBear

Sorry. I changed woman to someone....is that okay? I apologize.
    Im still research of gender terms and understanding them

---------- Post added 30th Jun 2013 at 07:41 PM ----------

Thank you for answering.

8. kulele

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

That's great thank-you. :slight_smile:

9. MerBear

Okay and You're welcome :grin:

10. James

I'm pro choice.

11. RedState

Male. Pro-life.

As an aside..the most staunch pro-lifers I have ever come in contact with have all been women

12. MerBear

Just as i've thought

13. MerBear

I hate when i'm in a debatable mood and I have no education on the topic that much. damn

14. ArcaneVerse

I would say I'm both. My views will probably piss a few people off but It seems to be the most fair solution to me, not that it would ever be the way things are handled.

For me if either the mother or the father want to keep the baby, then the baby is kept and who ever didn't want to keep it signs their rights away. If neither parent wants the baby then an abortion is the right option.

Now I understand this would mean if a women didnt want to have the baby and the father did, then the mother would still have to carry to term. For most people that might seem unfair, but the way I see it is it takes two to make a baby and both know full well that sex can lead to pregnancy and this way the baby has two chances at life, while also not binding either party to being a responsible parent the rest of their lives.

Now of course if conception is the result of rape\abuse then the female has complete control over whether the baby is aborted or not. Same goes if there is a clear medical risk to the mother during childbirth.

The reason I see this as the only fair way to go about things is because as it stands now, women have all the control. Men don't get a say whether they want to spend the rest of their lives being responsible for a child. Which means when a girl decides to (for lack of a better word) trick a guy into making a baby, as in poking holes in condoms and going off birth control etc, or even if it was an accident, he would usually have to pay child support if the mother decided to kept the baby.

Anyways thats just my opinion. its not perfect but its the only way the makes sense to me and as close to being fair as you can get to the three involved.

15. Gen

Gen

Male. Pro-Choice.

Personally, I think that being pro-life is a very admirable belief, but it truthfully doesn't seem very realistic in the grand scheme of things. The treatment of those children often don't turn out very well to say the least.

16. MerBear

See, this girl gave her stance on why she is pro life ...she gave 8 reasons ..she said something about the heart beat starts at 5 weeks or something. is that true?

17. Ridiculous

The brain and nervous system is what is important, not the heart. Fetuses have no capability for feeling pain until 20 weeks, they have no viability whatsoever until about 24 weeks; they are essentially just one of the carrier's own bodyparts until then.

A fetal heart starts becoming active at about 3 weeks after conception, by the way.

18. MerBear

thank you :slight_smile:

19. BrokenGuy

BrokenGuy Guest

I am a gay male and support Pro-life!

20. Ridiculous

It should have been "no capability for feeling pain until at least 20 weeks." In reality it is probably a few weeks later but it's not something that can be told exactly - it certainly isn't before 20 weeks anyway.