1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do people generally suspect you're gay?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by john1b1, Jun 27, 2013.

1. ItalianBlueEyes

Here's how it went today... and has been going for a very long time.
    *unsuspecting female classmate*
    Her: So have you ever dated a guy?
    Me: Eh, not really into guys.
    Her: Not into guys?!
    Me: Not really.
    Her: NOT INTO GUYS??????????????????? :eek:
    The entire class turns around and looks at us.
    Her: you're a lesbian? But... but...
    I think I completely shook her world view.

2. BooksJeansTea

I don't know if people suspect or not. :/ Wish someone would just walk up to me and ask.

3. SomethingWitty

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not only do people not think i'm gay before I tell them, some people don't believe me once I tell them. My parents still don't believe me after having years to get used to the idea. A few of my friends were suprised I wasn't asexual. Other than talking with my hands, being skinny, and maybe mode of dress (usually button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up neatly, women's jeans, and combat boots) I guess I really don't fit the stereotypes. The smell of nerd might throw people off or the hairiness and military tattoos. Even drinking in a gay bar people seem to think i'm some random straight guy who just wanted a beer and didn't care where. My lack of interest in sports is written off as nerdity, and given my joint problems I can't dance.

4. Praetor

Everyone I've came out to has seemed a bit surprised. I guess I give off the "straight" vibe, whatever that is.

5. Mist3rI

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    nope, but maybe one person once in a while would suspect it if they know me well enough cause im not very good at pretending to be interested in girls

6. penguin machine

Some people throughout my life had suspected long before I came out. In grade school, one of the many kids who teased and bullied me invited me to his house a few times. Since finding out a few years ago that he's gay, I've wondered if he could sense it in me or something. Now a days, depends on company and behavior. Some girls make me more flamboyant. I'm also decently dressed. Just need a haircut :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My mother recently told an old family friend that I am gay. Her response was a nonchalant "I'm not surprised, I suspected it then" (I last saw her in my early 20's)...:dry:

8. Beware Of You

Nope, they all seem to know, when I came out next to nobody was surprised

9. Vapid

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't like voicing what I find attractive. When I was younger, I was so standoffish about men that my friends assumed I was asexual and two acquaintances wondered whether I was gay.

10. Siarad

Some people are really surprised when I tell them, others seem to somehow know it automatically. What I find really odd is that since I've lost a lot of weight people are more surprised when they find out I'm gay than they were before I lost the weight... It's very peculiar.

11. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    Not really. Most people think I'm too nerdy to care about boys and I never talk about who I find attractive. When I come out to people they seem to pay closer attention to the girls I check out. No one that I haven't come out to notices unless I stare at a girl's bust for too long.

12. GayTornado

My friends keep teasing me about my supposed gayness but when I came out to them they were like 'wtf did this come from, I THOUGHT YOU WERE STRAIGHT' o.e

13. Fiddledeedee

Heh, I was thought to be too nerdy to think about sexuality enough to break out of the default assumption of heterosexuality and care about girls.

Anyway, nooope.

14. Harve

A girl I met a few months ago said 'oh yeah I kinda figured' when a group of us ended up talking about me being gay/gays in general. I'm hardly a beacon of raging masculinity but I think that's the first time someone's told me they knew? I think some people think that saying it's obvious someone's gay is an insult of some sort but I couldn't care less.

15. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    One way I can tell if a guy is gay is if he isn't checking out girls. It's pretty obvious to me when straight guys check me or another girl out. If I notice a guy isn't checking girls out and has more feminine mannerisms I usually suspect he's gay. I usually don't tell him because I don't want to make him awkward.

16. Jonas

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I dont think you should "look like a gay" to be gay... I hate these stereotypes like gay means a man who dresses like a woman and acts girly.. I dont have anything against trans or any other sexuality.. Just these damn stereotypes..

And meh, I dont think anyone thinks im gay or bi. I guess I dress pretty "normal" if there is something like normal.

17. monotone

Everyone I've come out to thought that I'm asexual.

18. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Generally no. That being said I have came out to friends before life happened and I had to move back home (parents don't know).

Most people I've told were like 'No way you don't act gay' hell I even got this response from one of my older friends who has a gay son (I didn't know about the son til I came out).

I drive 50 miles to work. One friend I worked with last time I lived there (plan on moving back as soon as I get the $$) and the only friend I work with now that knows both basically gave me the ' Duh, No shit' response. I don't know if I'm just obvious when checking out guys at work or what but the only 2 people who have ever pegged me are friends that I met at work.

19. ScatteredEarth

As of lately.. I sometimes wonder..

20. nichison

Im pretty sure people think im bi.