1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Chick-fil-A's Cathy tweets ruling 'sad day for our nation'

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Stripe101

[​IMG]

In all seriousness, I've never been to a Chick-fil-A. There aren't any in New York.

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just read that apparently he's deleted that tweet. I guess someone finally did tell him to STFU.

3. RainbowMan

There's apparently one in one of the residence halls of NYU. Gotta get those midwesterners their dosage of hating!

(spoken as a midwesterner transplanted to NYC - and I realize you're not in NYC)

4. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So THAT'S what they're called? I think their food is tasty, especially their fries, but there aren't any nearby, so I won't be eating at one.

Just a thought: maybe the guy is uptight because they might have called him Cathy in school ... or he was a Chatty Cathy ... or he is a Chatty Cathy.

5. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I've never eaten at Chick-Fil-A, and never intend to. And any LGBTQ person or LGBTQ-supportive person who can't put human rights and dignity ahead of a craving for greasy fried chicken, needs to re-evaulate their priorities.

Chick-Fil-A pretty much symbolizes everything I can't stand about Southern/"Middle American" culture, serving Southern fried bigotry with a side order of clogged arteries.

And yes, there is one Chick-Fil-A in all of NYC, at NYU, however there is a movement to get rid of it, and hopefully it will be given the boot. While in the past 15-20 years entire parts of NYC have been transformed into some sort of corporate chain theme park to cater to Southern and Midwestern tourists (like Times Square- yuck! :eusa_sick), we need to draw the line at allowing bigoted fried chicken chains from Georgia to invade our borders.

6. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It wasn't really that. It was on his own accord. As the CEO of a restaurant, especially one that's had quite a bit of flack, he's learned that it's just bad business to say things like that, and statements like that would probably make some customers feel uneasy. Which, if I were the CEO of a company, I wouldn't want. I would want my customers to like my place.

7. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Cathy probably planned to delete it from the beginning. He wanted to get his message out there, he accomplished that, and then he deleted it to give him plausible deniability and make it look like he really regretted doing it.

8. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A lot of people ate there long before their (his) political sentiments were known. At one time, the only thing that distinguished them was that they were closed on Sundays, to allow their employees to attend church services and have that day with family.

The sentiments Dan Cathy has may not be shared by the employees and the people who bought franchises, and who need a job and a business venture, respectively. I'm sure this is very upsetting to them. Also, note that Atlanta is one of the most progressive cities in the country for GLBT issues, and has been for a long time.

But, yes, their food, along with that of any major fast food chain, is not good for you. I eat fast food when I'm on the go or driving somewhere where I can't scout out other food options. The last time I ate at a Chick-Fil-A was in 2007.

9. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ehh.. That's also a possibility.

10. AlamoCity

I first had Chick-fil-a when I was about 5 when my mom and I would go to the mall. I would usually get their chicken sandwich, waffle fries, and homemade lemonade. It was really good. The food itself will always have a special place in my heart.

That said, I began to dislike Chick-fil-a not because of their LGBT stance (that came later), but because of their religious postures. I don't mind that they close on Sunday for family and worship. What bothered me was the religious discrimination the company was accused of; there were lawsuits about people who were fired for not taking part in work prayers. Of course, they "fixed" that when they got slapped with a civil rights lawsuit.

11. Lakota

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love that the religious people are losing their minds, (and I use that word under protest) over all this. All that praying gone to waste... LOL

12. 2112

Plenty of places to get greasy fried chicken without supporting this jerk! But I do feel bad for the workers, I doubt they all think the same thing and donate to anti-gay things.

13. There's no Chick-fil-as here. I don't see what's so good about greasy fried chicken. I think it tastes worse when some of the profits go to anti-gay organizations.

14. freedom200

freedom200 Guest

this is all i can say to him...

[YOUTUBE]sO-msplukrw[/YOUTUBE]

Eat it bitch (!) (!) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

#34 freedom200, Jul 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2013
  15. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol
    ohmy gosh! I actually found that video today, just randomly of no coincedence I LOVE WILLAM BELLI AND DWV :3 soo good!

This is probably a little insensitive, but in comedy/parody style, Lesbians get the best jokes. I honestly always laugh. Im not saying they get the "best" like im jealous or anything >.> I just find lesbian jokes funny when they are light-hearted. Hope this isnt taken the wrong way.
    (talking about the joke in the above video especially)

#35 PrinceOfAvalon, Jul 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2013