1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do You want from a Relationship?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by clarkec1, Jun 26, 2013.

?

What do you desire most from a relationship/What makes a good relationship?

1. The love and emotions

85.3%
  2. The lust and sex

2.9%
  3. The belongings of the partner (money etc)

1.0%
  4. Other (please specify)

10.8%
  1. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The love and the company is what I want a relationship for. Sex would be good too, but love and company are still more important. (Also, lots and lots of cuddling.)

2. Oxelotl

I want a relationship for love. The idea that there is someone out there who you could spend hours just holding (aka Cuddling :slight_smile:). Someone who can make me laugh, or actually love me for me (and I'm pretty weird so that's a stretch). Someone I can watch smile and I smile as a response. Someone who even in my darkest hours can make my life worth living. That is what I want out of a relationship/ Or to paraphrase cuddles. Lots of those too. I think I have a rather hollywood idea of love in my head, but I don't care. And if your in a relationshpi for money or sex, consider prostitution. An orgasm would be meaningless if your not doing it with someoneo you truly care and love. Yeah I ramble on.

3. Naomilly92

Someone I can confide in, but I think I'm a long way from being able to confide in anyone

4. biggayguy

Love, romance, sex, companionship, honesty, loyalty, trust. That's the stuff I want.

5. TheMightyBoosh

Someone who loves me for who i am :slight_smile: someone who can look past all my flaws, someone who truly cares for me, someone who can make me smile and laugh when i have my bad days... :') :icon_bigg

6. Femmeme

Friendship, trust, camaraderie.

P.S. also cuddles and sexy times.

7. GayJay

Well I don't care much for 'love' but I think that's cause I know I'm young and I've got plenty of time to fall in love
    I'm mostly after trust and someone who I will be there when I have bad day to make my smile..and for me to do that in return for them
    And sex, in my opinion you can't have a good relationship without regular sex

8. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    From a relationship: love and emotion.

I believe I can only be given that from someone who loves me for who I am and not someone that I'm not. Someone that can take me for all my faults and failures. Someone that I can open up to and tell everything to. Someone I can cuddle with at night and sleep in his arms peacefully. Someone I can wake up to and be glad that he's with me. Someone I can trust, be loyal to and be happy everyday with. Have love for him more than yesterday, less than tomorrow and the same as today. I just want someone like who I have a thing for right now. All I want is him.

9. Theagonist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think I'm the only person to put down lust ._.

10. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ForgottenRose voted lust.

11. yellowsun

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I want a relationship that is filled with love, emotions, trust, and respect.

12. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Love. I just couldn't enjoy a relationship without it, even if my boyfriend had a gold mine. Admittedly, I would love to be in a loving relationship with a guy with lots of money, but it's secondary. And he has to be into cuddling; I am so addicted to cuddling.

13. 2112

^ This (*hug*)

14. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

This. I agree with this 110%. It seems like most people just care if you are dtf these days and aren't really interested in anything real or long lasting (especially guys, which is frustrating for me and kinda makes me wish I was into girls). Deeerp, oh well. Not really looking for a relationship right now anyway.

15. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've always dreamed of a relationship where I could do anything, and I mean ANYTHING I wanted with my partner, short of hurting or killing anyone. Cuddles and romance are a big part of that, and that's mostly what I can't wait to be doing in August :slight_smile:

On the flipside, I've also learned that the kind of relationship I want can't be accomplished without sex. Both sex and romance play a big part in attraction. They're different, yes. But when both are simultaneous, there's no stopping the love boat *woo woo!*

So.. One without the other simply doesn't work.

16. ilovebears

As an asexual... this was a no-brainer for me.

(and the asexy guy I'm talking to!)

17. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The love and affection matters most.

18. Holly

It's interesting. I think general society has a very introverted view on LGBTQ people, or at least they had before the debates over gay marriage.

I've always viewed my sexuality to be majorly based on the fact I know I would be far happier with a woman for a multitude of reasons, but mainly because of the emotional level. I think generally, society's view is based on sexual encounters. I mean, yes, I am very attracted to females. But I would doubt calling myself gay/bisexual if I knew I would not be happy with them in a relationship..

19. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, if both parties don´t mind that a relationship is just about the sex, why would it be a bad thing?

Personally I say love and emotion, but having to deal with my boyfriends sudden change, I do realize that it´s a bit more complex than that.
    I think what I wanted most from him was the support and the fact that he made me feel special. I miss that now.

20. Munyal

I want someone who I can share my feels with. Sex is fine too, but the love and emotions is the reason I would be with anybody.(*hug*)