Teachers...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by FindingMyself, Jun 24, 2013.

1. FindingMyself

This next year at school is going to be dark and sad compared to the past two, because someone I love is moving away rather soon. But the goodbyes have already been said, and that is because the woman I was in love with was a teacher. Just take my word for it, she's beautiful. She's quite smart as well, and funny too. She is the closest thing to "the perfect girl" for me that I have ever been introduced to. My freshman year I was in her class, and toward the later part of the year I really began to understand that she lit me up every morning, gave me a positive attitude toward math and life and all else, and at the same time crushed me with her complete oblivion to my love for her.

I of course understood and understand that nothing could ever happen between us. I respect boundaries, especially with heterosexual females. Her boyfriend makes her happy, and while jealousy sometimes causes me to feel angry toward the pair, I always rationalize it all. She is happy, and she wouldn't want me to be sad over her, so why cry? I did enough crying already and I'm sure the reality will strike hard again when school starts back up.

Has anyone else here ever been in that situation? I mean, there are hot teachers and then there are amazing people who also happen to be beautiful...and heartbreak that is the result of the latter. Sympathy isn't easy to find since I can't tell anyone of my feelings besides my best friend, and I'm sure he's heard enough of it.

2. Qwissen

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    first (*hug*)
    i had a crush on a teacher before, but then i realized that it was impossible and i have to accept that fact. as time paased i got over it. Just think about this; you're going to grow and learn that people would come and go in life and when time comes you're going to meet your perfect girl :slight_smile:

3. FindingMyself

Yeah, I learned to just be happy that I knew her. It'll sting, getting back and seeing someone else in her place. But I hope I'll end up with someone somewhat like her. Oh, nice Depp quote by the way. Just read Rolling Stone's cover story about him.

4. Qwissen

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    dont worry! you would definitively find someone like her or even better than her :wink:

5. Ragazza

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ah, falling in love with teachers...

I already wrote about it here. Anyway, when I was 13, I fell in love with my gym teacher. She was masculine, loved soccer, stuff like that. Maybe that's why I liked her. I did not have a crush on her, I was in love. Seriously, even today, if she would ask me to have a relationship I would say yes. But that's not going to happen.

Further, I only had 'crushes' on older people/teachers/my Austrian skiteacher. And yes, talking to a friend about it would be weird. They would laugh at me in my face.

Anyway, one day you"ll find someone. And yes, going to school again will be weird. But in time you"ll get over it.

6. Nailbunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can relate. I've had a crush on my college professor for quite a while now. I've thought about keeping in contact with him through email. I don't think a romantic relationship is possible between us (he's married), but I would like to be his friend. We have similar interests, and it's been two years since I graduated, so I believe a friendship is possible without being unprofessional. So far I've felt too shy to actually pursue it, though.

Maybe you can do the same with your teacher? She might be open to the idea of keeping in contact through email, especially if the conversation is focused on school. You mentioned she gave you a more positive attitude toward Math. Perhaps she would be open to you discussing your progress in Math with her?

7. FindingMyself

Well, she and I aren't quite close enough to really keep in touch. However, we added each other on Facebook on the last day of finals, so if she ever wanted to talk to me she could. But she'll be going to school and teaching in another state so I don't want to intrude. I wish I'd known her better. I tend to like older ladies too but that is mostly because I've dated or my exes have all dated all the lesbians at school so I don't feel anything for anyone there.

8. tryhtwfr

I have a straight crush on my lesbian english teacher? She is as butch as the next butch but it's not her looks that attract me, her personality and the common interests we have. It would never work out though, she is too hipster for me :slight_smile:

9. FindingMyself

Psh too hipster? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: That sounds painful. Lesbian crush on a straight teacher is bad enough but yours is almost normal...just do what I did. Be happy you know her. Be happy there's someone out there that amazing.

10. tryhtwfr

I'm actually so happy I know her. I don't know, she's so amazing and makes me laugh - I just hope she finds love someday and someone that is willing to take the fall for her no matter what. She's beautiful to me but other people may have a different perspective but they can fuck themselves :slight_smile:

11. Grrrr331

I used to have crushes on my teachers when I was really young, like first or second grade. Nowadays not really T-T

12. FindingMyself

That's good. That's basically how I felt about my teacher except aaall the guys at school thought she was hot and said horrid, obscene things about her while I didn't really think much about her attractiveness before I understood how great she was; after that her beauty sunk in. Only one or two people I know have ever said anything bad about her looks. And I feel the same way about hoping she finds love. I want her eyes to always be smiling even when she's upset with her students. Creepy sounding. Oops.