1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clogged ear :(

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by ScatteredEarth, Jun 23, 2013.

1. ScatteredEarth

Okay so for the past 3 days, my ear has been clogged with god knows what. I have tried Q-Tips, Peroxide solution, straight Peroxide, Ear ache drops, steam, and nothing has helped. I feel like the left side of my body is on a break and it's really annoying. Anyone got any useful methods on how to remove it and if it gets too worse, how much would a trip to the ENT cost for an ear cleaning (No insurance)

2. Envira

Question:
    do you think it's water? because if it is, i have no idea how to help you. sorry. i hate it when that happens. and best of luck getting it unclogged.

3. SecretlyASloth

Do you think it's wax that's blocking it, or do you think it's like something internally is blocking. It's possible that fluids in your ear from weird climate and a combination of other factors is creating a blockage. I'm not a doctor though, and don't forget that there really is NO replacement for an actual diagnosis.
    Just remembered also: could it be like a pressure issue? I know it doesn't make much sense, but is the sensation similar to how you feel when your in a plane and you can't pop your ears to release pressure?

4. ScatteredEarth

No, and no, I think it's just a wax build up that has hardened and I most likely need to see an ENT, and if what I fear the most is that it's on the other side of the ear drum, then I will need to get a prescription for antibiotics which could cost a pretty penny..

5. justjade

I always use an ear syringe and hot water. And ear syringe is basically a bulb with a skinny neck, and you fill it full of warm/hot water, lean over the sink with your head sideways, your clogged ear facing downward, stick the neck of the bulb into your ear canal, and squeeze the bulb fast and hard to get a powerful stream of water going. Make sure to stay leaned over until the water drains out. You may have to repeat this several times if there's a lot of buildup.

That's my advice. Hope it helps. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 24th Jun 2013 at 01:45 AM ----------

Ear syringes are really inexpensive and can be found at Walmart and in drug stores, BTW.

6. ScatteredEarth

I tried basically the same thing with a ghetto pump. AKA an empty shampoo bottle. The results didn't help me any more than just spraying water in my ear.. I don't have access to a nearby pharmacy/Walmart btw.

7. Lakota

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was at my doctors office today, my right ear was clogged with wax, I felt pressure and a constant ringing. The nurse came in added a few drops of something, then used a water pick like device to flush my ear canal. This did not hurt, the water was warm, it was an odd feeling sure, but.... it worked, broke up the wax, and with a Q-Tip show removed the offending wax. It was not painful! Go see a doctor, and have this done.

8. Caleb93

I just had this problem the other week. Are you using hydrogen peroxide or ear wax removal drops? I tried peroxide for several days with no success. With the ear wax removal kit from Walmart which included an ear syringe for flushing it out with warm water, my ear was clear on the second day. Also, don't use q-tips. I tried that and I think it made it worse. I later read online that it just pushes the wax further into your ear canal.

9. Lakota

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's was how my problem started, dang Q-Tip, just pushed the wax in deeper.

Nothing like ear wax chat to set the mood.... LOL

10. GayTeen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have had this problem before, but it turned out to be head congestion. Take a decongestiant and see it it'll help.

11. Hefiel

Happened to me a few months ago. Since I didn't have a pump or anything fancy, I just poured warm/hot water in a glass, put a drinking straw in the glass while blocking the top end with my finger. I tilted my head to the side with my clogged ear upwards so that the water would stay inside the ear and just emptied the straw in my ear (just a few drops, not too much) and "massaged" the area a little to get the water moving and all. Grabbed a paper towel and just covered my ear so that the water would go on the towel when I raised my head again. I did 3 short cycles of this once a day for about 4 days and then I was fine.