1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does your name mean?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hexagon, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Rexmond

Raymond: Meaning & History
    From the Germanic name Raginmund, composed of the elements ragin "advice" and mund "protector". The Normans introduced this name to England in the form Reimund. It was borne by several medieval (mostly Spanish) saints, including Saint Raymond Nonnatus, the patron of midwives and expectant mothers, and Saint Raymond of Peñafort, the patron of canonists.

But literally means "Wise Protector". I like it a lot, specially the history. I think the meaning suits me well, though I'm just not sure how well. XD

2. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm going to be lazy and just quote this. Whether you write it Filip or Philip, the meaning doesn't change.

Not really sure it fits. I certainly don't have anything against horses, but I never spent any time closer to one than 5 or 6 feet away.
    I do like it as a name, though!

3. Snowball

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My real name means snow :slight_smile:

4. Bobbybobby99

Bobbybobby99 Guest

My name means....... Bright fame, foreign women.... That is awkward.....Foreign women, really mom? You had to name me something that means 'Foreign women'?

5. Fionnlagh

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My name means "fair warrior" from Scots Gaelic fionn "white, fair" and laogh "warrior".

6. eatsleepclimb

My name means "Dark". Um, really????
    My middle name means "Bitter".

???????????
    I'm destined to be a terrible person :frowning2:

7. samizer0313

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My real name is Stephanie but I don't like it much, I prefer Sam.
    French Meaning:
    The name Stephanie is a French baby name. In French the meaning of the name Stephanie is: Crowned in victory.

American Meaning:
    The name Stephanie is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Stephanie is: Crowned in victory.

Greek Meaning:
    The name Stephanie is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Stephanie is: Crown; victorious.

SoulUrge Number: 2
    People with this name have a deep inner desire for love and companionship, and want to work with others to achieve peace and harmony.

Expression Number: 7
    People with this name are excellent at analyzing, understanding, and learning. They tend to be mystics, philosophers, scholars, and teachers. Because they live so much in the mind, they tend to be quiet and introspective, and are usually introverts. When presented with issues, they will see the larger picture. Their solitary thoughtfulness and analysis of people and world events may make them seem aloof, and sometimes even melancholy.

8. Hefiel

Horses are great. Sadly there aren't many ranches where I live, so I don't get to interact with horses as much as I would personally like. I've been with my family when I was a kid to some ranches on a few occasions for horse riding, but it's been ages since the last time I went.

9. silkfrog1292

My name is Jason. It is of classical Greek origin (the most famous representative of is Jason of the Argonauts), with Mycenaean roots. My name means "the healer", and it's named after the goddess of healing, Ἰασώ (Iasō).

This name's a bit too common in my opinion, but I guess it fits me quite well since I like fixing things.

10. WJLerch

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    my name William means "Resolute Protector" in German since I am from German Ancestry.

11. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My name is Bryan, which is also a variant of Brian.
    The meaning of this name is not known for certain but it is possibly related to the old Celtic element bre meaning "hill", or by extension "high, noble". It can also mean strong and honorable.

12. leer

I was named after my mums younger brother who I don't remember mum says he died in a accident when i was a few moths old .
    English Meaning:
    The name Lee is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Lee is: Meadow or wood. Shelter. Famous Bearer: 19th century American

It dont say much about me the Irish meaning sounds a bit better Poetic .

13. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Words". :slight_smile:

Lex

14. BrokenWings

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's such a nice name! I'm stuck with Zeyad. It means extra or abundant.

15. SchwulIstCool

Dans mes rêves de New York et des blazers...
    People with my name are rebellious, non-conformist, modern, and fiercely independent, apparently. :confused:

16. Martjain

Martin: warrior.
    My whole name and lastname would translate to Bear Warrior at the base of the mountain.
    Pretty awesome, huh? Although I don't consider myself a warrior, I could be a bear but not a warrior. And I like mountains.

17. evora

I've always hated my name, especially since we had an assignment in primary school to find out what out first name meant.
    I'm not going to say what my name is but I think it's terrible. I used to be scared people would think I was a boy because of it and I felt the need to constantly prove that I really wasn't.
    I hate my surname because it's very uncommon. On facebook, there is only two other women with my name and they live in two completely different parts of the world.
    I only like it because you couldn't tell just by looking at it where I'm from. But I was teased a lot in school for having an unusual name.

18. timo

Apparently 'Timo' is the Finnish form of 'Timothy', which means...
    "From the Greek name Τιμοθεος (Timotheos) meaning "honouring God", derived from τιμαω (timao) "to honour" and θεος (theos) "god"." (source)

'Honouring God' seems fitting for an atheist...

19. justjade

Oh, how exciting. My name, Jade, means "green gemstone". But my grandmother picked it out when there was a rubber jade houseplant in my parents' house, so I think I might have been named after that. Not really that cool of a name, but at least it's unisex, which I think is awesome.

I don't think it fits my personality. I don't know why, but I don't really like it. I think I need a name that's more masculine, like Jaden. :lol:

20. Caliber

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i hate my name meaning

Name: Abigail

Meaning: My farther is joy

From the Hebrew name אֲבִיגָיִל ('Avigayil) meaning "my father is joy". In the Old Testament this is the name of Nabal's wife. After Nabal's death she became the third wife of King David.
    As an English name, Abigail first became common after the Protestant Reformation, and it was popular among the Puritans. Some time after the release of the play 'The Scornful Lady' (1616), which featured a character named Abigail, the name became a slang term for a servant, and it grew less common. It was revived in the 20th century.

Does it suit me? No,not in the slightest :bang: