1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you Circumcised??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Vegas Boy, Jun 15, 2013.

?

Are you circumcised?

Poll closed Jun 30, 2013.
  1. Yes

70 vote(s)
    56.9%
  2. No

53 vote(s)
    43.1%
  1. Hexagon

I wonder how anyone can know that sensation is unchanged. The fact remains that the foreskin protects some incredibly sensitive nerves, and an incredibly large amount of them. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a loss of sensation.

Regardless of sensation, though, it is mutilation.

2. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One other thing about them: They are in great demand, and bought up by pharmaceutical companies for use as skin grafts and other medical purposes, and the cosmetics industry. With all the money made from them, people should at least be informed and compensated.If I decide to donate any other part or organ of my body, I have to give consent. It should be the same here.

3. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have to assume that there is a loss of sensation.

But one question I've wondered is if someone who is circumcised at an early age (like me) might not learn to adapt. And while the situation is not ideal, I live with it.

4. Split Arrows

I do harbor a little bit of resentment that I was subjected to this. I an adamantly opposed you the practice and was a big reason my ex and I broke up...she was totally fit it.

5. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

Because some men get circumcised later in life. One guy on EC said it felt much more sensitive after being circumcised. The fact is that sex still feels amazing one way or another. The biggest sex organ is the one between your ears. The amount of pleasure you receive from sex has much more to do with what's upstairs, rather than downstairs.

6. Hexagon

Yes, but everyone's experience is subjective. I have heard of many reports of a partial loss of sensation. As I said, though, the issue is more about bodily integrity than sex.

7. King

King Guest

The bolded part is certainly not what I'm saying, if that's what you're suggesting.

8. josh9623

I am, wish I wasn't and think that If it is done to someone who cannot legally consent for themselves (under 18) then there should be a SERIOUS medical condition to warrant it. If you prefer the circumcised look then that's fine. Honestly I prefer the look of an uncircumcised penis. I have no problem with the procedure, but that it is unnecessarily performed in such a barbaric manor on an infant who has no say in the matter.

9. Level75

It is somewhat what you're saying. To say that another person's feelings is melodrama is to say they're blowing it out of proportions, which I do actually somewhat agree with.

I don't agree with circumcision. I was circumcised myself and I am personally rather indifferent towards it. I'm sure my parents made the decision with the best of intentions. Nobody looks at their baby and thinks "Hey, I think I'll just arbitrarily slice off some of his skin just for the hell of it." And it just seems self-defeating to be so resentful about it at this stage in life. Forever I will be curious about what it's like to have a foreskin, and I do admit, men look nicer with them. But curiosity is about it. And if a man actually won't have a relationship with somebody who lacks one...well...I have so much more to give to the world than the aesthetics of my genitals.

The only commitment I can have over it though is that, if I have a son, I won't have him circumcised. With luck, more and more parents will opt out of such a practice. Other whys, as a cause worth getting upset over, I put it just above the one about police not uniformly enforcing laws about speed limits. I was speeding the slowest! Bastard cop...

10. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, and I am glad that both of my parents were unanimous on the point with me and my brother.

11. starfish

I'm going to give you a nickels worth of free advise. Take it for what you want.

I tend of ignore many of your posts. The reason why is that you come off as very militant and agressive. That turns off most people. So tone it down a bit and you'll find more people willing to listen to you.

Now, I'm not saying change your message, I'm just saying don't be so agressive about it.

12. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What would be a way of saying it's morally wrong and should be banned as a practice that wouldn't be militant?

13. Diego89

Hi, I was circumcised at the age of 16. From my experience I would say there is a loss of sensation. I mean the first days post-surgery I felt completely exposed and super sensible. Eventually got used to it. I wouldn't know if sex is any different since I was a virgin back then and kinda still am. Anyway, I don't think its a big deal, in my case it needed to be done for medical reasons so I had no choice.

However I'm not sure I would call it a violation of human rights or anything like thing, even if it was done without consent, since it won't have any dramatic effect in the boy's life if any at all, I think its just a decision that parents make at the moment thinking on the best for the boy, regardlles if it obeys to religious, traditional, medical or merely aesthetical reasons.

For example, when I was borned my father asked for me to be circumcised, the doctor wouldn't do it arguing my foreskin worked fine. Later I would learn I had a condition named phimosis, where the foreskin can't be fully retracted and had to be circumcised. So I guess, we never know.

Diego.

14. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Currently, no, I'm not circumcised, but I have certain...issues with my foreskin, so I might have to be circumcised at some point in the future. I really hope not, though...

15. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Well that's a faulty assumption, however. Some circumcised guys might not think it's any big deal to have been circumcised, which perhaps describes you.... however it's wrong to assume that all other guys will think that way, thus justifying circumcision on others. For some guys, being circumcised without their consent has indeed had a dramatic effect on them.

That's why there are entire support groups and forums just like this one, for victims of circumcision.

It's like those polls in the U.S. right now showing that the majority of Americans are okay with the government illegally wiretapping them. Well fine, if you're okay with giving up your rights, great, but that doesn't mean you have the right to take away everyone else's rights and liberties, including those of us who actually do enjoy using our rights.

16. Aldrick

I was cut as an infant just as most boys from the U.S. born at the time.

I honestly don't understand how anyone can support circumcision or even consider it ethical. Well, that's not true - I do understand. People have been socialized to accept it. However, for some reason I don't think a lot of people think out the implications entirely.

For example, let's say I wanted my new born son to have a prince albert. I happen to have one myself that I got as an adult, and it's important for my son's penis to look just like mine. What? How could anyone be opposed to that? It's not like I'm cutting anything off! I'm just adding some bling to his manhood. It hurt like hell when it was done to me, and if we do it to him as a baby he won't even remember. It'll heal faster too. Aren't my wishes for my son's penis to look just like mine important?

What's that you say? You're opposed to it because a prince albert deals with the glans of the penis - the head. Oh, I see. Well, I guess that makes sense. I mean, it's not like that useless flap of skin called the foreskin, right?

Speaking of the foreskin, that's something I need done as well. You see I'm part of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and he requires all boys to have a foreskin piercing. Wait - wait, don't freak out. Let me explain. It's basically no different than piercing the ears of a little baby girl, and you do that all the time - you can probably even use the same tool. This is critically important to my faith and the spiritual well being of my son. If he doesn't get that foreskin piercing the Flying Spaghetti Monster can't connect to him with his noodly appendage and then all hell will break lose. Well, not literally, but figuratively speaking. The main issue here is that if it doesn't happen we risk the Mars - Venus conjunction falling out of proper alignment, and this is bad news. This says nothing of my sons energy chakras falling out of whack, and his karmic balance will be COMPLETELY destroyed. In fact, if he doesn't have this done he's likely to be reincarnated as a cockroach.

What's that you say? You still won't do it? WHAT?! How dare you! Why do you hate my religion!? You know what, I don't need you, I can do this at home with a sterilized hot needle.

Wait... what? You're calling child protective services? Why?! How is my desire to pierce my sons foreskin worse than your willingness to amputate it completely?

:icon_wink

This obviously wasn't directed at anyone in particular who posted in this thread, but rather at the common arguments used to support circumcision.

However, if you read the above and support male circumcision, but would be opposed to a parent being allowed to give their infant son a prince albert or a foreskin piercing, you should ask yourself why that is the case. If one feels wrong (keeping in mind that they are procedures that ADD to the penis and take nothing away), then how can amputating part of the penis be justified?

17. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yes, but I wish I wasn't :frowning2:

18. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Have you considered foreskin restoration?

19. Diego89

Well maybe it is. I'm just talking from my experience but then I was 16 and knew what was going on.

Its just that I find hard to believe that it could have a dramatic effect on a boy which doesn't even know what feels like to have a foreskin. I do.

20. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

The same way female circumcision has a dramatic effect on little girls in parts of Africa and the Middle East. Their right to bodily integrity was violated and their body left sexually mutilated without their consent.

Would we be okay as a society with parents being allowed to force their newborn babies to have their legs amputated as soon as they are born? It's no big deal, they'll never know what they're missing anyway, since they've never had legs...