Is It too soon to come out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by blue123, Jun 13, 2013.

1. blue123

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi :icon_bigg

I was 13 when I began to question my sexuality but I was in denial for about 3 years, I then joined EC after searching if I was a leabian. Im 17 now and I excepted that I was a lesbian about 5 months ago. The past year has been very difficult as i was unsure of my sexuality.

Although I have excepted myself, I still have days were I question myself. I was going to give a letter to my mum and one to my best friend about my sexuality which I have already written out but whenever I read them back or imagine them reading it, it makes me not feel right like I don't want to let them know im a lesbian, but I really do want to come out.

I know I feel ready to come out but why do I have days were I get scared that its all just a phase and that what if I dont actually like girls sexully, I fantasize about doing sexual things with girls but I haven't atchally done it in real life, so what if it turns out I dont like it??...:confused:

2. Frumpy Pigskin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Do you find females sexually attractive?

3. eatsleepclimb

I know how you feel :slight_smile: I have these freak-out phases where I wonder if it's all just a phase and I'm not going to like being with girls. If only it wasn't such a big deal and no one cared...but if you're pretty sure than I think it's ok :slight_smile: and if you turn out to be bi or something it's ok too!

4. KnownSecret

I get like that way a lot, and it's probably because you don't want to change the way your friend/mom sees you. Coming out can be difficult especially if you still sometimes question who you really are. I would say if you are pretty sure of your sexuality then come out. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: as eatsleepclimb said if you turn out to also like guys everyone wouldn't have an issue at least I wouldn't think so. Just explain that sexuality is complex and sometimes you know who you are and sometimes you don't! Good luck! Hope everything goes smooth!

~Zack~

5. blue123

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah I do

---------- Post added 19th Jun 2013 at 12:56 AM ----------

Ok thankyou :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 19th Jun 2013 at 01:00 AM ----------

Ok thankyou (*hug*) .yeah I wish It wasn't such a big deal too

6. ioden

Hello!! If you only find females sexually and emotionally attractive and men not at all, and if this has been a consistent trait in your life, then you are indeed a lesbian. Sexual experiences aren't necessary to prove that. The central thing is your consistent attraction towards females. If it is that way, then it's not a phase.

Mmm, still, is there other reasons than thinking it's just a phase which stops you from coming out to your mum and best friend?

7. biggayguy

If you're still dependent on your parents for food, clothing and shelter I would wait. Many teens have been tossed out on the street after telling their parents they were gay. If you still strongly question being sexually attracted to women I would wait until you were mostly sure. It's up to you when you feel ready.