1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello - New England Area

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Jellyfish, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Jellyfish

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi I just joined. I'm 24, living in the New England area. I feel like I'm probably too old for this place, and my guess is that the average age is about 16. I'd be more than happy to be corrected if this is not true. I tried to use the chat but they didn't let me in. Are new members not allowed, or am I just failing at using technology because I was born in the stone age (in Internet years)? Anyway, nice to meet you guys whoever you are :icon_bigg

2. SwirlingOcean

Welcome!! I'm from the New England area too :slight_smile: And you're not too old! I'm 30 and just realized I'm gay a few weeks ago. There are plenty of older members. Check out the LGBT later in life thread. Have fun looking around! This site has been really helpful to me in the last couple weeks.

3. Jellyfish

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks you're very friendly :slight_smile: I've actually known I was gay for awhile, but I have some anxiety issues that make it difficult to come out. Are there any threads you'd recommend? Have you tried the chat at all?

4. LD579

The chat room is only for full members. Full members are those that have applied (It is completely free to apply to become a full member) and have been accepted by the staff. To apply to become a full member, you must have been on this site for longer than two weeks and must have posted more than 50 posts, excluding posts made in the fun and games sub-section.

Full members are able to join the chat room and are able to private message other full members. As a regular member, you can post on other people's walls and post in topics and threads, as well as create your own. As for private messaging, you can only private message staff members at this point.

The reason for this process is so that predators have a much harder time reaching the underage members of the site. Also, any contact information cannot be shared anywhere except in private messages or in private chat, which is an option in the chat room.

You can create your own threads which would be specific to you, and also you can read other threads that have already been made to see how others have dealt with or are dealing with certain issues such as anxiety.

You aren't too old for this place. We have some members who are double your age or older. Age generally doesn't matter here =)

Welcome to EC, and hello, by the way =)

#4 LD579, Jun 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  5. Epiphany101

Australia, perhaps I'll reveal more....Later. ;)
    New England Area, in australia? I'm from Armidale?
    Nice to meet you. =) Hope you enjoy your time at EC

6. Candace

I'm originally from New York...which is CLOSE to New England :grin:...but which state? I love all them...Maine the most hahaha

Pleasure to meet you and welcome to EC!

7. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome to EC!!

8. Zoe

Zoe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello Jellyfish-

Yeah, I'm one of those who is close to twice your age (42). Lots of, um, people with more life experience here. :slight_smile:

Welcome to EC.

--Zoe

9. eatsleepclimb

Hi, I'm from new england too :slight_smile:
    Welcome! Yeah don't worry I've seen people here in their 50s, there is a really wide age range!

10. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Guest

It's good to see more people from New England on here. Welcome!