1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Square Enix and PS4 Rant

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Emberblaze, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Emberblaze

Warning, contains indignant and unconstrained language.

So, I hear Square Enix has confirmed Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy Versus 13 (which is now FF15, which I so knew what would happen).

But GUESS FUCKIN WHAT?!?!?! It's confirmed for the goddamn playstation friggin FOUR!!!!!!

Who da HELL has time, money or SPACE to put a playstation 4 in their house?! I know IIIII sure don't!!!!! Man, that goddamn :***: :***: :***: :***: :***: friggin playstation :***: FOUR!!!!!!!

What the hell Square?! WHAT THE :***: HEEEELL?!?!?!?!

FIRST we wait SIX years for FF13V/ FF15, SIX FRIGGIN YEARS!!! It's gone through TWO name changes and jumped consoles!!! Square PROMISED that it'd be on the PS3, PROMISED!!! And then BOOM, they stab us in the :***: BACK!

And Kingdom Hearts 3?! What about Kingdom Hearts 2.5 square? Huh? Doncha wanna give us KH2 Final Mix, KHBBS, and the KH3DS movie on ps3?! huh?! HUUUUH?! Doncha guys wanna give us that before we get kh3?!?!

But what's the WORRY! We already KNOOOOW it's gonna take ya 5 years to finish KH3 anyways, so go ahead!!!

GO A FREAKIN HEAD!!!

Damn friggin :***::***::***::***::***::***::***: play:***::***::***::***: station:***::***::***::***::***: FOOOOOUUUUUURRRRRRR!!!!!! :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

So guys, thoughts comments?

2. Sarcastic Luck

Or perhaps they decided that the game would be best on the new console due to the increased graphics capabilities.

I bought the first gen PS3 when I was roughly your age, and if I recall it was roughly $500. I also have the space for the PS4, and when I have the money, I'll be purchasing it since there's a number of games I want. I know a couple of other people that's going to be doing the same.

3. leice

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    ^ I agree. From the previews of the latest FF 15, the graphics seems really crazy. Not sure if the PS 3 can handle it. They have a similar problem back in the day with FF 13 where they shift it to PS 3. I was very upset regarding it at that time too because I bought a PS 2 mainly for that.

Can always wait till the console's price goes down to buy them. Gonna start saving money in hopes of buying Ps 4 and a NDSI.

4. ScatteredEarth

Yea dude, they take the time to create the game and have it brought out to the market to be purchased by you, some companies just want the best possible gaming experience on the market. Not everyone wants to just remake the same game they did last year and add new guns/killstreaks etc.. (CoD I'm talking about you) As for not having time, money, and space? I'm pretty sure we have all but money in most cases. It's not like the PS4 is the size of a BMW or something.

5. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm pretty sure FFXV is coming to PS3 as well. Kingdom Hearts 3 is unconfirmed. Also, I couldn't really give two shits about a remake when they're giving us a whole new game. Plus the PS4 is a lot cheaper than expected. Whilst £349 is a lot of money, it's only £49 more expensive than the Wii U. I'm actually really pleased with their move. I'll probably get the PS4 version of FFXV anyway, so I'm super psyched.

6. Sarcastic Luck

From my understanding, the PS3 and PS4 have different hardware completely and you won't be able to have backwards compatibility. However, if Watch Dogs is any indication, it's going to look pretty snazzy.

7. ScatteredEarth

Watch dogs looks pretty cool. I hope they port GTA V to the PS4 though because it's going to be released at almost the same time the PS4 is.

8. Emberblaze

Ah man I was HOPING for that backward compatibility!

Ah well, but like that other guy suggested, I totally am waiting for the ps4 to price drop before I get it. I AM super psyched about ff15, but it's prob a bad idea to get the console for that ONE game, and by the time kh3 DOES actually get finished, the console probably will drop price.

Heh besides, I've got plenty of other awesome games to occupy myself with for the time being.

(ps, that rant was jus me venting alll my frustration out lols. If you think that was bad, I was literally cursing the ps4 for all the worlds problems for a straight 3 hours and my sister thought i'd lost my mind)

And what's up with this Xbox One?... First ive heard of it....

9. leice

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    ^ Lol. Well I think I'd be the crazy one to get the console just for that game lol.
    FF 15 gives me hope in life. Did not miss any of their games since I started playing video games at 4.

I am a bit disappointed with the none backward compability. And apparently Xbox one is the same :frowning2:.

Watch dogs looks super awesome.

10. Tim

Tim

It won't have backward compatibility, but they've said they intend to make PS-PS3 games streamable from online.

That's all we know. We don't know if they'll have a way for people to confirm they own a game and not buy it again, etc. Only that they know people's worries and PS-PS3 games will be playable on the PS4 in some regard.

Just not by using the discs.

11. ScatteredEarth

They will probably just do the same crap they already do and release it on their store for you to buy again. I bought all the old PS1 Resident Evil's from them :slight_smile: As well as Code Veronica X, 4, 5, 6, Revelations.. Im an RE nut in case you havent realised. I just wish it would go back to good ol' fashioned survival horror where shooting a zombie was a difficult choice to make.