1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

15 Reasons why Homosexuality is wrong and Hurts Society

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beware Of You, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Things like this piss me off.

I was raised without a Dad...I don't commit crimes.
    My mom is hetero, but I am still getting over the abuse.

People feel justified in spreading lies as long as it furthers their cause. I am glad the world is changing. Slowly...but it is changing.

2. Spurned

Spurned Guest

I only know of one line in Christianity that bashes against gay men, the whole "If a man lies with another man as he does woman.." etc etc, but I have never heard anything about lesbians, yet they're talking about "same-sex."

The only thing is against gays (that I know of), and even then, it's not right.

3. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually, there is research suggesting that children raised by single parents are more likely to end up in trouble with the law. It is correlational research, however, so it doesn't prove causation. And there are still plenty of kids with single parents who turn out OK.

What I suspect causes this link is:

* Many single parents become single from either divorce or death when the child is old enough to have formed attachments to both parents. As a result, the child loses someone they care about, and is therefore experiencing some degree of grief. If the parents divorced, then the one parent may not be completely absent, but it's still a big loss for the child to no longer live in the same home with that parent. (Incidentally, this is not an issue for kids who've been single parented from before their first birthday.)

* In the case of divorce, the child might be exposed to regular conflict between parents prior to the divorce and often continuing after the divorce. Witnessing conflict between parents is very upsetting to children, especially if parents are unable to come to a resolution of the conflict. (And in most cases if they could resolve conflict with each other, they wouldn't be getting divorced.)

* If changes in custody and access result in a child being separated from their primary attachment figure (eg if one parent was more involved in child care but did not get custody) or in not having one consistently-present adult, this puts them at risk of attachment disorder.

* Our economic system tends to expect two-income households. Therefore, on average single parents are poorer than two-parent families. (This is especially true for single mothers due to gender disparity in income.) Poverty places kids at a wide variety of risks, such as poorer nutrition, living in a more crime-filled neighborhood, living in older houses that may have lead paint or asbestos, seeing fewer prospects for getting success by legal means, etc.

* Certain psychological problems in the parents can make them more likely to be single parents. For example, adults with attachment issues may find it difficult to form stable romantic relationships, resulting in frequent breakdown of relationships and therefore a higher probability of being left to raise a child alone. Many of these psychological problems also increase the risk of problems in the child, either through genetics, parenting, or by other means (eg an alcoholic mother might drink during pregnancy, causing neurological damage in the child).

* Parenting is stressful. Parenting without support is even more stressful. And stressed out parents don't tend to do as good a job. The successful single parents all tend to have a strong support network of other adults who help them out with childcare, because being the sole person doing all the work of raising a child, while trying to make a living and keep your house running and so forth, is a lot of work.

Note that none of those apply at all to a committed gay couple (or no more than to a committed heterosexual couple). There is nothing 'magical' about having one parent of each gender (although it may be helpful for a gay couple parenting an opposite-gender child to get advice from friends of that gender for certain specific issues).

Also, this doesn't mean all kids raised by single parents are doomed. None of those factors I listed are universal among single parents. They are simply factors that are more common among single parents. Many of these factors can also affect some children in two-parent households. And many of these factors could be helped if society stepped up to the plate and supported parents more.

4. yellowsun

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I could not even read all of that because it was pissing me off. I am SO sick and tired of these disgusting and ignorant know nothing homophobic bigots.

5. GayTeen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    grrrr... This is what makes me not want to identify as Christian (or religious, regardless). Because then when I come out, my family would have two things to condemn me about! :dry:

6. Scarlet123

aha loving some of the comments though - 'hmm something tells me you didn't do your research'
    'As a believer of the christian/chatholic way, i KNOW homosexuality is NOT a sin. Ironic, isn’t it!? People just like to go by whatever the bible say to them when it was people THEMSELVES who created the bible, NOT our lord. The bible was altered too many times just to follow our interests that it has nothing to do with the true teachings of God, but the teaching of some old, dead philosophers (yes, i meant Lectivus). Homosexuality is NOT a choice, it falls into the “Nature vs. Nurture” concept, which even that method CANNOT prove…. I hope one day you all become enlightened about the truthful teachings!
    Jesus Said: “Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.”
    THAT makes sence! So forive and forget, unless you have some homosexual feelings of your own you are questioning.
    And to “Polycarp”: Stop Editing Comments…
    GOD BLESS!'

there are 2 types of christian, those who believe in love thy neighbour, and those who believe most things, i.e. homosexuality, is a sin and whilst i respect your beliefs i do not wish to see it publicly where others may potentially be offended by them.

7. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [citation needed]

8. Bobbybobby99

Bobbybobby99 Guest

F*** the g****** **** that wrote this.

9. Foxface

The guy did recant his entire post in his comments...I mean it doesn't excuse it but it was nice to see

Foxface

10. smokey-knows-all

what. the. FUCK.

11. freedom200

freedom200 Guest

first of all, what the actual fuck?? what kind of bigoted idiot wrote this. I can prove their whole argument completely wrong so easily. who ever wrote this is a dumbass.... I actually can't believe this.

12. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    it amazes me when people say gay people cant raise kids because of needing both genders in their lives, its like hello im sure most of these couples will have aunts, and grandmothers and sisters and brothers and uncles and friends that will help be a role model for the oppsite gender kid they are raising.

13. darlig ulv

There's a fine, fine line between pedophilia and homosexuality.

14. ScatteredEarth

Their ignorance shall be their downfall. I would honestly wish prison rape on those really anti gay people who wouldn't mind throwing rocks at a gay person walking down the street.

15. Spurned

Spurned Guest

I had replies off the Author, it seems he doesn't agree with what he posted so long ago. But he kept it up to show others the comments and how silly he was before. (I'm Korie):

16. 2112

Then I guess we have to sit or stand during sex? :lol:

17. Thaliondae

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There aren't many references to it at all. And what is in there was added after the introduction of the King James Bible. Ancient Bibles aren't homophobic. Infact there are many writings about in the last few centuries of Rome the Catholic church performing Homosexual marriages. Homosexuality fell into disrepute during the Dark Ages and Christianity jumped on the bang wagon to gain followers.

18. 2112

It's not even fair for them to try to compare yet, if gay marriage was legal and homosexuality was more accepted, there would be more "legitimate" relationships because we wouldn't have to rely on dating websites and sketchy "I know this person who knows a guy..." type stuff.

19. JustMe2602

Fucking idiots who came up with these 'reasons'.

20. Amerigo

did not read lol