1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's in a Facebook Friendship?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Noir, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Hexagon

I don't use facebook that much. I have nothing against it, but while I support any technology that seeks to reduce actual face to face human contact, I don't feel the need to actually engage in the internet contact either.

2. Spurned

Spurned Guest

I don't really use Facebook nor check it, but stay logged in on my phone in case I get any notifications. I just accept anyone who adds me because I don't post much, there's a lot of old photos but no one really looks or comments on them, so it's no matter.

I see silly posts a lot, but on my phone all I see are the 600+ (probably) pages I liked when I was younger posting the same photos from "lolomg" sites over and over, so I never go on unless I need to. The games are alright, and I don't see much special about a Facebook friendship. I have over 900 friends or something, lots of people from school and old groups I used to hang out with, so it keeps me connected with old friends but I don't take advantage of it.

Just like most social networking sites, alright but not the best nowadays.

3. Ticklish Fish

my fb have got to the point that there's nothing everybody can stalk each other for lol.

unless they im that i don't know about.

but like people rarely upload stuff or update status

4. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I don't use FB much anymore.. only to look at my classmate's profiles and laugh. Or to keep in touch with my relatives across the world, which I don't really do. I've never had any trouble with anyone to want to unfriend them, I just find humour in a lot of their statuses. Or I get stupid ass farmville requests from my nan or half-sister omg.

I'm just thinking of deactivating it until I'm in uni because it serves no use for me considering I keep in touch with friends/family by texting or calls.. or other social networking sites. FB is too "personal" for my liking also, and I can't escape from family I don't want to talk with there. Maybe I'll deactivate it today or tomorrow.

5. stuffiscool

stuffiscool Guest

I have 40ish friends but only 10ish are on my newsfeed. :badgrin: One of my rather clingy friends communicates exclusively through facebook when we're not face-to-face (not phone, not e-mail) so I check it at least daily.

6. yellowsun

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I love Facebook because there are many wonderful people I chat with on there that have the same interests as me. Facebook can be both good and bad. Good because of what I mentioned above and bad because there have been some people who were obsessed with me and also there were people who bullied me on there. I just try to focus on the good parts of Facebook though.

7. kem

kem

I'm on facebook all the time. I pretty much only use it to stay in touch with distant friends and to (group) chat with closer ones. It's interesting how you can be almost constantly connected with your friends now, thanks to IM.

8. destiny99

destiny99 Guest

I mostly use Facebook as a way to talk to my close circle of friends when I need to contact them ASAP. The other 90 people...well, I don't really care about them :roflmao: