meeting people

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by redneck09, Jun 7, 2013.

1. redneck09

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Now that I have started coming out I am ready to meet someone even if its just as friends because I need someone to talk to in real life that knows how I feel... I live in a very small town so how do I go about meeting someone?

2. LD579

If you can drive, and if there are nearby places with meet-ups, you could go to those. Obviously, if they're far, it may not be worth the gas... If you go to school, there may be an LGBT+ club or group that meets up, as well. It's unfortunate, but there are not many other options that I see, short of moving elsewhere, which is always an option, but a large step to undertake in life.

3. Lilly storm

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It's really hard when you live in a small community! I feel your pain redneck09! Where I live there are no LGBT centers, clubs, etc. I'm in college and there are no clubs or groups. It feels really lonely!

4. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Guest

I am in the same boat as you redneck09. Small town with no LGBT community to speak of. I plan on driving to the city every now and then when I have the money and time.