Movies with trans* theme, any tips?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by FemCasanova, Jun 4, 2013.

1. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

Not a movie, but there are a couple good episodes of the TV show "Law and Order: SVU". The one called "Transitions" was my favorite, quite powerful. Another is called "Fallacy", which stars Katherine Moennig, which, I don't know if any of you watch "The L Word" - which also has a transman named Max, btw! - but, yeah, she plays Shane.

---------- Post added 9th Jun 2013 at 09:17 PM ----------

And, oh, yes - Breakfast On Pluto. I remember when I was like 15 I was obsessed with this movie, lolz. I remember I thought Cillian was so pretty in it, and this was before I even knew about transitioning - it gave me hope when I otherwise had none, lol!

#21 StefaniW, Jun 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2013
  2. mochiaddict

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would recommend Beautiful Boxer (Thai), full stop. For a girl her age I think is very appropriate, enlightening and it has an engaging plot. It is based on the real life story of Nong Thoom and deals seriously with her successful transition. You can find it with English subtitles online.

I have seen most of the other films that have been posted here, They may be better suited to an older audience, or one who is more experienced with trans issues. Beautiful Boxer is a good place to start.

---------- Post added 9th Jun 2013 at 06:59 PM ----------

I would argue that this movie is one of the most uplifting of the Trans* films out there, especially because Nong Thoom is currently healthy, happy, and successful.

3. mochiaddict

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ah, big Shane fan over here! (like all the rest P: ) I'm watching the SVU episode with Kate Moennig, its quite entertaining *conclusion fills me with rage* . I missed this show, I'll probably check out "Transitions" as well.

---------- Post added 9th Jun 2013 at 08:03 PM ----------

This movie is also quite good! Really good cinematography.

#23 mochiaddict, Jun 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  4. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

Yes, another L Word fan (!)

I always think Shane would be the type of person I would experiment with women with (even though I'm not interested in women at all) XD I could see why all the straight girls crush on her throughout the show, lolol.