1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think you'd want kids?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AwesomGaytheist, Jun 3, 2013.

?

Would you ever want kids?

1. No

59 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. Yes with the opposite sex

29 vote(s)
    14.6%
  3. Yes by a sperm donor

35 vote(s)
    17.6%
  4. Yes by a surrogate mother

58 vote(s)
    29.1%
  5. Yes by adoption

99 vote(s)
    49.7%
  6. Yes by foster parenting/other

32 vote(s)
    16.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RocketMoose27

To be blunt: No. But I probably will if my future partner begins to beg, because I'll start to feel bad, and feeling bad feels bad. :bang:

I have a reason. it's just that kids in general kind of annoy me, but I'd be willing to take care of one if I had to.

#101 RocketMoose27, Sep 5, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  2. BritishLad

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I definitely want kids but not until I'm in a stable relationship. I think people who adopt should be applauded but I don't see the point in lying to myself because I know I want a child of my own that is biologically mine. That may sound selfish but there's no point pretending that I'd be content with fostering or adopting. I think if the time came, honestly I would have to go down the natural route or the surrogate route :slight_smile:

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes because I've spent way too much time thinking about how I would do things differently (or the same) as my parents. I would really like to see how I could be a better parent and raise a child into a well-developed man/woman through constant positive support from both parents, something I missed as a child.

4. SilverGirl

yes, but only in a few years, i really want to be a mother, but it makes me sad that i cant get pregnant because it would feel so great to have a child

5. Diego89

Sure, I would have 10 if I could afford it haha.

6. blueberrymuffin

I'd rather not do surrogacy because of the legal and emotional complications (what if she becomes too attached?) and also, I do believe we're getting overpopulated. I could go for adoption if it's something we both wanted. Not at all ready to be a parent though.

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Definitely not. Which surprises everybody, as I'm constantly being told what a wonderful parent I woud be...and how selfish I am for choosing not to be one. To which I have only one thing to say:

"Yup."

Lex

8. Macabremelody

yes but with what or who idk meh seem to be so much of a pain

9. Stephany

I have children...3... very beautiful children. I have always considered donating my eggs to a gay male couple looking to have children (I would say lesbians..but I don't think they need help getting eggs :slight_smile: )

10. Ohhai

I already have a son, but I don't think I'll have anymore x

11. prism

I want a huge family and would like to carry some, if not all, of my children. :slight_smile:

12. Emulator

Not really. I might change my mind later on, but I don't think I can handle kids well, and as for biological kids - well, I'm not sure if I'm even able to have kids.

13. RoguesWolfe

As of now no, one I couldn't afford em, and two mentally I'm not stable enough for them. As for the future, maybe through adoption.

14. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    ...Yes, I do. I didn't really want kids there for a little bit, but I then saw this video of Neil Patrick Harris and his family, and it sort made want to have some someday.

15. Femme Fatale

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I want kids some day, when I'm wiser and older and in a committed relationship. Well, I'd just want one kid 'cause that's all I would be able to handle xD

16. Van

Van

Yes! I would like to adopt a kid or maybe two some day (I even have names for them already). But I doubt this would ever happen. First, I need to find a partner cuz I'm not doing it on my own. Second, I'll do it, if I'm sure I could give my kids everything they need.

17. yidnah87

I'm really not interested in having kids. I don't care to take on the financial and emotional responsibilities of raising them. Also, I wouldn't want to pass on my genes due to my personal and family history of depression.

18. jp16

Yes! plus i don't want that me and my lover to be lonely when we get older. That's just sad.

19. Pocky

Yes, some time down the track I would love to. Even when I was a kid myself, before having any self-awareness about my sexuality, I knew I wanted to have a family of my own.

A stable, long term relationship with a loving boyfriend/husband first is a necessity. So is the financial considerations.

As much as it would be amazing to have my own biological child, knowing my family's mental health history, I wouldn't want to take the risk. I would never be comfortable knowing that I could be bringing someone into this world who may end up going through the awfulness of depression or anxiety.

I think adoption would probably be the most likely avenue. Considering the statistics for outcomes of foster children, I feel a bit of a moral obligation. However, I would also have no problem raising my partner's biological child.

20. Donnerschlag

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'd (we) like to have kids. Someone who will take care of us when I (we) get older. 2 is enough. 1 by surrogate mother and 1 adopted.