1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think you'd want kids?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AwesomGaytheist, Jun 3, 2013.

?

Would you ever want kids?

1. No

59 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. Yes with the opposite sex

29 vote(s)
    14.6%
  3. Yes by a sperm donor

35 vote(s)
    17.6%
  4. Yes by a surrogate mother

58 vote(s)
    29.1%
  5. Yes by adoption

99 vote(s)
    49.7%
  6. Yes by foster parenting/other

32 vote(s)
    16.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. theJosephDean

My fiancé and I want to have children in the future; we are going to wait until late 20's, probably early 30's before seriously looking into it. We plan on having biological children through the use of a surrogate, and the monetary costs are the biggest restraint. We have six children's names chosen, and we both want a big family since both of our families are rather dysfunctional.

2. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Maybe 1, by like adoption. As of now, I hate kids. But I want one just because my partner probably will, so I should just get used to the idea. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. BreannaToBrian

Haha, I know I shouldn't have a kid. I have a lot of patience however somehow when I'm around a spoiled, disrespectful kid all of that patience magically disappears. My ways of handling a disrespectful child may be too....harsh to most people. Example:

I have a baby cousin who's four now, but when he was two there were plenty of occasions where he would talk back. Like, one time my step mother was driving down the road with him in the back with his car seat. But, he wouldn't sit in it properly with the belts strapped around him. He sat on the edge of the seat, leaning forward. My step mother didn't do much except repeatedly told him to sit back. Of course he didn't listen and ended up driving with him almost standing up in the back seat. Me, if I had a kid who was standing up in the back and wasn't listening to what I told them, I'd just slam on my breaks. Yep, just a good scare of feeling themselves fall forward should get my point across.

If the kid throws their toys, that toy is being thrown outside. Not just a toss out the back door, no, a good aim all the way at the back fence should be good. And if the toy breaks, oh well, the kid should've listened. And, don't ask me what I'd do if the kid hits and adult....

4. evora

I'd like to have children some day but I'm not sure I'll ever want to be pregnant. I might not be able to stand a baby growing inside me. Years ago I decided I was not ready as long as I thought of a foetus as a parasite. That's one of my issues with it. The other one is I don't want to have a child that looks like me. Probably the only way I'd do it, if it was my partner's egg, then I could be persuaded to go through with it. That way it would be both of our child. Unfortunately, that's illegal and if it was legal, it would probably be too expensive.
    So it'll probably be adoption, but that's difficult as well. They might not want to give me a child if I'm not rich enough, or would find something else wrong with me. There's another problem with adoption. Same sex couples are not allowed to adopt. :frowning2:
    Ever since I was little, I wanted to be pregnant. I still want to experience it at least once but I'm scared my body might be changed forever. It's a really stupid reason but I'm scared my nipples would turn brown, permanently.

5. Level75

I said yes. I'm somewhat on the fence about it. But a quality I like in people is how much of a family person they are. In light of that, wouldn't make sense to get married but not start a family.

6. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have tocophobia. That's petty much put me off ever having kids. However when I'm older, if my SO really wanted one, I could deal with adopting. As long as they're past diaper age :grin:

7. Bobbybobby99

Bobbybobby99 Guest

No, in an absoulute sense. I think the song "Fabulous" from high school musical explains why.

8. KazTastic

Yes, but I couldn't stand anyone under 5. I'd probably consider being a long-term foster carer (adoption isn't common in Australia any more), that is if my partner wants to be too.

9. Rexmond

Grown up with both of my sister's kids, and whilst it's really fun and hard, yet enjoyable, work looking and caring for them - I couldn't possibly see me and my partner with kids. I don't think it would work out either depending on circumstances. I haven't enjoyed my childhood as I should, and I don't want to risk that happening to my own children if I had any.

10. RainSprite

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Nope, no children for me.

11. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

Obviously not for like years and years (maybe when I'm 30, if I'm reaal lucky?), but yeah, I kinda do. I used to not but now I do. I mean, with all that is going on in my life, it can't happen for a while, and I would have to have SRS before this could happen, so obviously there is a lot that needs done. But I kinda think I'd make a pretty good mom...

And it would be through adoption (obviously). I would like to have a (opposite sex) partner when I do, but it's not necessary. I am open to the idea of single motherhood, and I don't need no maaan to adopt.

12. Night Rain

To be honest, both of you are quite young, well, and can even be considered kids.

As for me, I can't tell yet. I still feel like a kid sometimes. Maybe in the future. That's a big responsibility and I can't take it lightly.

13. JPC

JPC Guest

Not long ago I would have said no, but a few weeks ago I was in the park and there was a toddler, who was probably not even 2 yet, just running along the pathway and he was laughing his little head off just because he was able to run. Eventually he fell, but he got straight back up and started running and laughing again. I literally couldn't stop smiling for ages and it kind of made me realise the joy a parent must get from their children, so I think I definitely want kids at some point down the line.

14. justjade

I'd love to adopt. Either way, though, I'm not putting my body through the stress of pregnancy. My husband wants at least one biological kid, so at some point, we'd better have $50k just lying around to blow on a surrogate. I don't need pregnancy upsetting my gender dysphoria for 9 months. Oh! I've got it! My husband will be pregnant for me! :lol:

15. julia

If I ever end up wanting kids, I would want my wife to get pregnant from a sperm donor. Or if she's really against getting pregnant, I guess I could. But, uh, I rather not.

16. SohoDreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I can't really stand little kids. They annoy the shit out of me. Maybe I'll find them more appealing one day, but I doubt it. I just feel like having kids would prevent me from doing so many things I wanna do, and it's not really like it appeals to me anyway. I know for some people it is the right thing to do, but for others, it isn't, and I feel like too many people have kids even though they shouldn't do.

17. I would want kids in the future.. but that would be a long time from now for sure.. I think that people should get their lives organized before they decide to bring kids into the picture. I think that I'd have kids probably by my really late 20's or lower 30's, I don't want to wait too long, but I surely don't want to too early either. I would want to adopt though, I find sex repulsive.. maybe that's just because I'm still young, I'm not sure. For now, that's going to be the ideal way of having children, through adoption.

18. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I need a "no, but I could probably be talked into it" option.

I really don't want to have to deal with ages 0-5. I just don't find the idea of looking after someone in that age range...remotely appealing. Just..no.

Adopting beyond that, maybe. I bet someone could talk me into it.

19. Spurned

Spurned Guest

I can't even answer this because I'm seriously doubting my first choice of not wanting children. I hate children so much, and so does my partner, but the thought of having a sperm donor and me/her being pregnant is really sweet to me (after having a dream about being pregnant, my view just changed), I just don't want to deal with the infant until it goes to high school.

I can't stand little children usually, so I really don't know. ;-;

20. Ahri

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeah I want one or two someday.