1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tattooos?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by smartsunny, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Aielar

I already have two, and am already planning my next one (a phoenix, and then I'll see about more after that).

2. KnownSecret

Haha you are not alone tattoos are hot :thumbsup:

3. Lakota

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have two, 1 is a Ying Yang fire and water thing I got years ago after some drinking, and one is a portrait of a dog/my best friend I lost 3 years ago, it is an amazing piece of work, looks just like her, almost like a picture..... and start my right arm sleeve in September.

On a side note, I find a nice neck tattoo strangely attractive, I can't explain it, just do.

Lakota

4. jokesonyou

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I want a compass on my forearm! I think tattoos are sexy, as long as they aren't tramp stamps

5. catoptriclenses

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't have any yet but I plan to get one at the end of the year. I want the words "made with love" tattooed on my inner hip. It sounds strange, but to me it symbolizes to never regret what I have done or will do because the only thing I can do is learn from the consequences of my actions.

6. You can always get a henna tattoo. It doesn't involve a needle and ink, it involves a natural plant paste and a brush. Henna naturally fades over time, however you can't wash it off so it simulates a permanent tattoo.
    I used to have one of my family's insignia of our last name. It faded away last week.

7. lsl1995

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have a dreamcatcher on my right collarbone. And three birds with a robert frost quote beneath them on my left shoulder. I am in love with my bird tattoo.

8. FruitFly

I love tattoos on other people, they just look so lovely. However I have none as I'm not keen on having anything on my skin which cannot be removed with a good scrub in the bath. However should I ever get over that there are a few ideas I'd like to have inked upon me.

Ideas for my never-going-to-happen tattoos (and links to photos which made me coo).
    1. Tardigrade
    2. Blue ringed octopus
    3. Great white shark
    4. Jellyfish (yes, just a generic jellyfish....)
    5. Axolotl
    6. Jumping spider (yes, specifically Phidippus audax <3)
    7. Millipede (chocolate millipedes are awesome)
    8. Great crested newt
    9. Natterjack toad
    10. Sand lizard
    11. Smooth snake

So yeah... if I ever get over my "ohnoes, they're permanent D:" reaction all the bits typically covered by work clothing would be inked up :icon_redf.

9. KnownSecret

Absolutely love the Axolotl!

10. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The other day I saw an online ad supposedly mocking tattoos by showing a very old, wrinkled person with one. It took me awhile realize it was an anti-tattoo ad, since I was actually thinking something along the lines of "you rule" when I saw an old person with a tattoo.

That's how much I like tattoos. Propaganda meant to degrade people with 'em only serves to strengthen my interest. :grin:

That being said, before I get any on myself, I have to get over a few things:
    - not terribly fond of needles. Although many with tattoos have assured me I'll be fine.
    - worried about any of the a-holes that judge ability to do a job on idiotic reasons (i.e. the notion that a guy with long hair, earrings, tattoos, a beard, etc. have anything at all to do with someone's ability, and should somehow automatically disqualify someone *sigh* :dry:; oh look I'm ranting now, never done that before :slight_smile:)
    - they cost money. I want a certain amount of excess income before I indulge in getting any.

When I get over all that, I would really like sleeves, and perhaps something connecting to the back as well. No clue what images I'd precisely like...can work on that while meeting my own criteria :lol:

11. MixedNutz

I already have 4. I want to add to my shoulder and make it a 1/4 sleeve. I love tattoos on guys.

12. Rexmond

I don't mind them, but they are not for me.

13. imDia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am planing to get one when I come out to my parents because I don't mind people knowing.

The only Problem are my parents because I am still living with them.

So when I finally come out I want to get my first Tattoo on my inner wrist "NewChapter" because a new Chapter of my live will begin and I love books and writing so you have to interpret.

14. Hexagon

I hate that kind of prejudice. I've received similar stuff myself for having piercings. People should just stay out of matters which don't concern them or hurt others.

15. TheLastDragon

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When I'm older I may consider getting one of a samurai or a dragon, not sure where yet though.