would you date a bisexual guy

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by freedom200, May 31, 2013.

?

would you date a bisexual man

1. yes

91 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. no

13 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Just out of curiosity... why would him leaving you for a woman be any worse than him leaving you for a man? If anything, the whole blow to ego should be lighter, since you obviously can't compare yourself or compete with someone of the opposite sex.

*shrugs* Speaking for myself, just due to the numerical disadvantages, along with other challenges we'd have to confront, I'd probably put more effort into making a male-male relationship work. You could say I've idealized them, too, seeing them as more valuable and rare, so that's another reason. Finally, I like challenges, and would have no issue with going out of my way to prove stereotypes wrong, but more importantly, proving my partner's potential fears misplaced.

Would I date a bi guy? Sure, though that might look a little odd to the casual observer. We'd probably be seen and treated exactly as a gay couple, which actually sounds fun, in theory. Just imagine trying to 'outgay' the gays. :badgrin:

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What's your deal, June? That's the most oppressive thing I've read here in months.

Usually I don't expect to be treated like this by straight people. You're usually the better lot.

3. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have a boyfriend, but if I was single, I would.

If someome wants to be with me for some reason, I don´t think that will suddenly change just because an attractive person comes into his live. I don´t think it matters if someone is gay, straight or bi or whatever when it comes to commitment.

4. BubbleGum

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    of course :grin: he'd understand me better than anyone :slight_smile:

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heh, same. Seeing as I am one too, it would definitely make for some invigorating conversation. :wink:

6. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'd have to say yes, even though it means I'd have to be a bit more vigilant with even women wanting my man and actually having a shot at it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But seriously, I know people are even more biphobic when it comes to dating than they are homophobic, which is wrong. not every bi guy (or girl) is going to be a cheater!

7. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Okay. This is meant more for June and I feel a bit like I'll be preaching to the choir but here goes.

Being bisexual (or pan in my case), does not mean the world's an orgy fest and a bi person's going to be unhappy with being with only one gender. It means they have the potential to be attracted to, or fall for someone on either boat. And while we do have cheating assholes who happen to be bisexual (just like we have straight, gay, or what hve you not cheating assholes), it doesn't mean a generalization and stereotype should define an entire group of people.

And we all know that from experience, right? Stereotypes = not okay.

8. BrokenGuy

BrokenGuy Guest

NEVER again. I voted No.

9. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Though I consider myself straight in most cases, I have some flexibility and can see myself dating a guy - and in that case, hell yes. What do I care, or have the right to oppress or make false judgement? Sexuality is fluid as a flowing current and I see no reason to oppose dating a bi (or pan)-identifying guy. I'm sure a majority are much more accepting when it comes to dating a transperson, so that's another good thing.

For the record, I'm dating a pansexual girl and I don't see the problem. I don't care. Just like anyone else in this world, some straight and gay people cheat, so I don't understand the negative connotation when it comes to bisexuals are assumed as unstable and dishonest with relationships. Biphobia is incredibly prejudiced (dare I say more than homophobia, since some homosexuals display biphobia?).

10. lolewell

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    no because it might be weird

#50 lolewell, Jun 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  11. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

We don't bite, I promise.

12. Minx

Of course! Wouldn't be a problem. :slight_smile:

13. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ah, how nice to see emotion ruling reason. There's hope for humanity yet.

I befriended a bisexual woman just recently. She has never experienced biphobia. When I mentioned it to her she was shocked. Much like feminism, I and others like herself often make the terrible assumption that the choice in front of you ought to seem obvious (although it often seems strange that there is a choice at all).

Thankfully people show their bigotry from time to time so as to remind me of my hatred toward it...

Anyone that refuses to date bisexual people under the guise of "bisexuals are sex-addicts and simply bound to cheat," or something akin to that, are merely channeling their own insecurities about themselves and directing it toward other, wholly innocent, people.

Sorry, if you're going to blunt so will I. :thumbsup:

14. Hefiel

Doesn't necessarily require cheating. I think it's because it would imply that his attraction to same-sex (or males in this case) is actually lesser than what his now soon-to-be ex would've been led to believe, and leaves little room for the relationship to recover because of biological factors and whatnot.

For example, Gays can come to terms easily with the fact that they may never have biological children, but a Bi person however may wish to have biological children because he or she has the opportunity to do it. A gay male will never be able to give that to his Bi partner, so there may be worries or fears of losing a Bi partner to the opposite sex as a result of those limitations, something that cannot be "defeated" per se. I think that's how I'd explain it, at least from my perspective.

15. Hexagon

Are you saying bisexuals don't deserve to be in long term committed relationships? How do you survive a long term relationship with a brown-haired guy when you're also attracted to blondes?

I'm sorry, but this is incredibly insensitive. Sure, there are bisexuals who aren't suited to monogamy, but the same can be said for monosexuals as well. It is personally reasonable to expect a person of any orientation to remain faithful if they have committed to doing so. Those who cheat do so because of the kind of person they are, not because of the kind of people they are attracted to.

So let each individual bisexual speak for themselves. As far as my own personal situation goes, I am a 50/50, and I would be totally content being in a monogamous relationship with someone of any gender, and I wouldn't cheat.

16. leice

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I totally would. Though I had a little bit of a bad experience previously. But I don't want to let that stop me from giving them a chance and I think they deserve to be happy too.

17. cm81990

cm81990 Guest

That's what I am trying to get at... But I also believe completely gay guys can get suckered into a straight relationship and have kids as well. It's happened historically and not unusual today.

18. KazTastic

Of course I would.

19. jokesonyou

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Jeez, I didn't know people thought of bisexuals like that D:

I'm always in a relationship for the long run. The shortest relationship I've ever had was 3 months, and that didn't end upon my choice. Just because I like both doesn't mean I need both. I strive for committed relationships, they're infinitely better for you. Cheating has never even entered my mind.

20. mpac21

I'd be perfectly fine with it, as long as it is monogamous of course, don't see any reason to the negative really