1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stress induced colitis

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Incognito10, May 30, 2013.

1. Incognito10

My anxiety levels are so high, I have (am currently having) a stress induced episode of colitis. Has anyone had their anxiety or poor mental/emotional state cause physical harm? Does anyone here suffer stomach issues due to stress/anxiety?

I need to learn to love myself and manage stress better :confused: :icon_sad:

2. DrWhoFan

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well now this is wierd... I'm gonna talk about my ex-husband! He has colitis and stress makes it bad. A couple of weeks after I came out properly to him he had a pretty awful bout and I was starting to think I'd half killed him. I'm not the only trigger of course (and never was!), but stress is a biggy. I actually think he has a terrible diet which makes it worse. It's not caused by diet, but if you have an inflamed colon and eat hot curry that's not gonna help is it??

Good luck with it, is a horrible disease.

3. gabroxs20

I have colitis, and all of my flares end up being caused by stress. However for me its less of every time I get slightly stressed but when the multiple situations that are causing me stress get built up and "piled" on top of each other. It sucks because I will go a few months without a flare, start to get some warning symptoms due to over stress, accidentally miss a day or two of meds sometime during that time period and bam Im out for a few days. I also (and I don't know if this correlates) get slight stomach aches when I get nervous or anxious, ie my first day working, stomach pains and a few trips to the bathroom. sorry if that was tmi but other colitis folks most likely relate