1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glad to be gay

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by wrhla, May 27, 2013.

1. Homosexual

it took me a while, a long while, but yes I am glad that I am gay

2. arturoenrico

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know this sounds awful but it's honest. I can't think of myself as any other way than gay, despite the fact that I tried so hard to pass as straight for so many years and did so successfully, in the eyes of others at least. Of course I suffered with the self-rejection and the deceit. But, do I feel good to be gay? No, not really because the way I've handled it has led to so much suffering and as my family breaks up, it will lead to a great deal of sadness for everybody concerned. It would be so much easier and in a way better if I could be straight. But, I'm not and of all the different beings on earth (this is the awful part) the people I really can't deal with are straight men so why would I want to be one? How's that for confused?

3. justjade

Kudos! I'm happy for you! :grin:

4. wrhla

I was in no way trying to downplay all of the anxiety and suffering. I still feel all of those things at moments, though less than I used to. I meant that despite it all, there's an odd way that, for me, homosexuality feels like a gift. A gift I resisted because it made me uncomfortable and didn't want to be seen with. But a gift all the same.

5. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i'm with you autoenrico..

we'll find the key one day

(maybe):bang:

6. arturoenrico

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wrhla,
    I really didn't take your post in that way at all; i didn't think you were gloating; you have every right to celebrate and it helps me to hear the positive as I get sunk into negativity a great deal. I haven't found anyone on EC who has not been supportive..

7. happymom

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Yeah, it sucks that people get hurt. But I'm not gay and I've had to make decisions based on who I am and what I need that "hurt" the ones I love. If you we're straight there would just be some other challenge. Seriously, guys, it's the environment you're in that's defining what is and isn't a problem. Direct the negativity at society's failure to evolve in a timely manner. The average person is waaay more f-ed up than can be explained by who they're attracted to.

8. wrhla

Amen to that.