1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Atheism v. Religion

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JPC, May 27, 2013.

1. Skellington

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My stand on religion has always been along the lines of the following analogy:

Religion is like a penis. It's fine to have one and it's fine to be proud of it. But please don't take it out in public and start waving it around and PLEASE don't try to shove it down my children's throats.

When I was growing up public schools still had bible studies classes (the official religion of the state is Lutheran Protestant) – when I moved and went to a private school I stopped being taught about God and Adam and Eve and was taught about the Sumerians and the Ancient Egyptians instead. I was in fourth grade and stopped believing in God almost instantly.

Today I'm registered as Heathen but this is much more a cultural thing for me rather than actually believing in the Norse gods. Although I do want to start going to their religious happenings maybe.

2. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm an agnostic atheist. I don't know if there's any gods or higher powers out there, but I'm leaning towards "no". I'd probably change my beliefs if someone could show me that there really is, though, and I'm pretty ambivalent about religion. Believe what you believe unless your beliefs harm others or are just batshit crazy, don't harm others in the name of religion, and don't harass people about their beliefs.

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm on the fence to atheism and I'm against organized religion

4. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian