1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When I grow old...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CupidBoy, May 27, 2013.

1. I'd be happy with anything so long as I don't get dementia. It sort of runs in my family, and it really scares me. :frowning2:

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As I've gotten older, dear friends, I find that my mind has become more nimble than ever. I have so many memories, so many stories, that it all becomes one great big mash-up, and sparks fly in all directions!

I just find it easier than ever before to make the most insane, or most brilliant, connections between things!

I have courage I never had before, wisdom to avoid the trouble a smart person has to get out of, my health, my three wonderful kids, and now, a loving relationship with a true gentleman....happy I may just be, amid the chaos!

3. That Kid

My biggest fear is getting old, and having done nothing with my youth. I just try really hard to focus on the present and stop worrying about "You're going to be 19 soon, and before you know it you're 21." and start thinking "you're 18 today, enjoy it." That's something that I'm unfortunately not the best at

4. Fire2free

Fire2free Guest

I hope I still have that ignorance as to why people hurt others, because it means I don't think that way.

5. arturoenrico

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You won't be bitter and angry when you get older if you continue to accept who you are and live your life as you should,proud of who you are. For me, bitterness took over due to rejecting myself for so many years. It's optimistic for me to listen to you thoughtful young folk.

6. justjade

I hope to retain my accepting mentality, my child-like curiosity, and my creativity. This might sound naive, but I really hope my husband and I are still as happy to be together when we grow old as we are now.

7. Horizoneyes

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only thing I worry about when I think about being old is ending up alone. The only thing I want for sure in my old age is for my bonds with people to endure.

8. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    :slight_smile: And well deserved my friend (*hug*) (!)

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I held on to the important stuff. :slight_smile:

Oddly, as I've gotten older, I don't notice people my age being "bitter" all that much. It's just when someone younger rags on somebody, they're being "sassy". The same words from an older guy are interpreted as being "bitter".

Another thing I've noticed. People seem to complain about getting old -and BEING old - between the ages of 21-28 far more than they do at any age beyond that. Mainly because after that age, they start noticing it ain't that big a deal. :slight_smile:

Lex