Cats or Dogs?

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by catoptriclenses, May 23, 2013.

?

Cats or Dogs?

1. Cats

20 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. Dogs

22 vote(s)
    42.3%
  3. Meh

10 vote(s)
    19.2%
  1. catoptriclenses

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is pretty self explanatory, but are you a cat or dog person? Let's see how many people are on my side :lol: and explain why you may or may not be.

I love cats because they just kind of do their own thing but will let me cuddle them(mostly) when I want to. They're just all around good company. Plus, nothing can beat those big eyes and furry coat :slight_smile:

2. Convoy

Dog's, they don't need to have box in the house and are friendly and outgoing more of the time. You can't walk a cat, and it probably won't greet you when you get home from work or wherever.

Plus I'm allergic to cats :icon_lol:

3. jdeb1992

I hate dogs and cats are annoying.

4. KnownSecret

I am more of a cat person, cats are always quiet and its always nice to have a pet that does it's own thing :icon_wink

5. Garciano

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    cat person here. we have a pet cat, for me yeah cat is more independent than dogs

6. Niko

I'm a dog person. :slight_smile: Though cats are pretty cute in their own way. So I guess it just depends on the cat.

7. BornInTexas

This is actually too hard. :frowning2: Voted meh.

I LOVE DA KITTEHZ AND DA PUPPEHZ

8. Candace

I LIKE BOTH! I've grown up with both.

Cats are easier to handle (try going on vacation....leave a dog and cat alone with a bowl of food and water for each....see what happens). I've always found dogs much more to care of. You need to wash them, take them for walk, take them to the bathroom, hire a sitter to watch them during vacations, groom them, etc. Cats take care of themselves. People say cats scratch. Well...dogs bite.

I say that I like both...but cats to me personally are easier to maintain.

9. Hefiel

Dogs.

I like Dobermans, German Shepards and Cane Corso (which my family has) in particular.

10. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I can't choose. I guess I'm more of a cat person but I love dogs too.

11. DelFelidae

I LOVE cats! I think they're very elegant and independent animals and they're just too cute.

12. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
  13. FruitFly

I love cats. I do not know why I love cats, I just love them. I love the "I've just run into a wall" look of Persians and Exotic Shorthairs, I love the cobby look of a British Shorthair, I love the elegant and sophisticated appearance of Siamese, I love the almost alien appearance of the Cornish Rex and I adore the giant ball of fluff that is the Norwegian Forest Cat. I love the variety of personalities, I love the way they purr, I love the look a disinterested cat gives you when you're trying to get them to play with you, I love the persistence of the previously disinterested cat at trying to get you to play with them. I love the fact that certain cats will run to you when you come home, mewing and purring away (even though I know they're just looking for what treats you've brought home). I love the way some cats don't even bother to move from their favourite position when you return home, not until you've shaken a box of their favourite treats. I just like cats.

I even like it when they are determined to stop you reading a book, despite the fact they didn't care you were even in the room until 5 minutes ago when you picked up the stupid book.
    [​IMG]

However I also adore dogs. Perhaps not to the same extent as cats, but I adore them all the same. I tend to think most dogs, regardless of breed, are better at giving you the round the clock appearance of loving you, providing a great deal of comfort and tolerating your sometimes heavy handed mollycoddling. I love my cats, I love them a great deal and spoil them terribly, but I adore my dog. I adore the way she runs, the way she bounds after a ball, her never ending quest to catch squirrels, her dislike of puddles, mud and anything remotely sticky/wet, and I adore the way she snores. I adore little tiny Chihuahuas and great big Irish Wolfhounds, I adore the solid and robust Clumber Spaniel and the delicately built Italian Greyhound. I adore dogs, and that's the end of that.

I don't really find one easier to manage than the other, just different. They're all the same when it comes to me having food they really want though; watching with interest from their respective spots, waiting for the moment I get up and then bounding into a frenzy of mews/excited on the spot dancing when they realise they're going to be getting scraps.

14. Jordz

I've never had a dog so i'll go with cats because I love mine

15. Spurned

Spurned Guest

Had to say meh because I like them both. Grew up with dogs so I do prefer them a little bit, but I want both when I move out. (As well as fish, terrapins, lizards, guinea pigs, rabbits, etc)

16. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like both cats and dogs. I base all of my usernames off of something cat related, but I like both cats and dogs.

17. PinkTiger1

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't decide! They're bith awesome. :slight_smile:

18. Formality

Cats are freaking hilarious and awesome. I'm gonna buy a scottish fold as soon as I am non dependent on my parents.

19. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Cats are cute, but they won't sit by your grave after you die. Dogs are capable of such world-encompassing love and dedication, it brings a tear to my eye.

20. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Both! And hamsters... And mice... And birdies... And snakes and chickens and cows and turtles and fishies and bunnies and... EVERYTHING! I'll take in anything as long as it's not an arachnid and you know isn't going to kill me. :grin: