Any artsy people here who can help?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by estrella, May 23, 2013.

1. estrella

First note: I hate the idea of asking this. Second note: I hate the idea of asking this when I'm not sure where to post this!

Alright, so, I've thought long and hard about this, and I have decided, I'm going to get a partial sleeve tattoo done for my next tattoo. I, I dare say, cannot draw to save my life. But when I got in to the parlor, I want to make sure my artist has the references and can offer up his best work. I have some of the references I need, but the layout of the design is what I need to discuss with someone who can do just a rough sketch of it, seeing as I can't. I'll give details later.

I'm sorry if this seems sooo outta place. :help:

2. BlueBear

Can’t you do this like on TV where you tell the tattoo artist what you want and they draw out a stretch for your approval? What is the content you want to have?

3. nonotreally

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah I would ask the artist atthe parlour, whose job it is to design tattoos. I'm an artistic person and would be willing to design tattoos, and I have been asked in the past but I've declined and told them to ask the artist because at the end of the day I know diddly squat about actual tattooing.

4. jargon

I've designed a few tattoos for friends in the past but they were all very simple and going on flat parts of the body where the layout wasn't a concern. For a partial sleeve I'd suggest having the design by someone with real tattoo experience - either the artist whose going to do it for you or someone else who's done serious tattoo designs before.