1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

#xboxreveal

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by theMaverick, May 21, 2013.

1. Bobbybobby99

Bobbybobby99 Guest

I would get an iPad 5 with my savings, personally. I still have the original :thumbsup:

2. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Nah, not worth the investment at all. Same with the PS4... terrible.

I'm fine with just PS3 and Steam/PC gaming for the time being.

3. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Pretty much this. I'm a PS guy in the first place but it was these details in particular that sealed the deal on me never buying this console.

Now I didnt see the conference myself but from what I've pieced together from some articles and what i've heard from friends of mine who did watch it seems like they made no attempt to even try to market this console to actual gamers. My understanding on it right now is they spent most of the hour talking about some TV through the console feature and a bunch of similarly useless extras. threw in trailers for a new Call of duty and a couple generic sports titles. And they didn't even bother showing any sample gameplay footage the whole time? Man. At the end of Sony's big PS4 reveal I remember feeling underwhelmed but that's nothing compared to this nonsense. The Xbox 1 so far sounds like the least desireable console I've ever heard of

4. Ridiculous

[youtube]KbWgUO-Rqcw[/youtube]

5. LateRobert

Hi Someone, I don't knowa thing about the Xbox but I love your signature line. So true

6. Tim

Tim

Microsoft just drove the nail in the coffin of Xbox One by saying in order to use used games (or even going to a friends house to play on their console), you'd have to pay.

Lol. They're bigger idiots than I thought.

7. That Kid

Yeah that pretty much sums it up...

8. Hun

Hun

Awful. Just awful.

9. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll not be buying the new console generation, seeing as they're trying to market it to jersey-wearing doofuses and some other imaginary demographic that would buy a gaming machine to do everything but play games. Oh, and it's not backwards-compatible, "used games" is now all but a bad word, and it will require a periodic internet connection. And Kinect, which I have avoided buying since the thing was revealed to be idiotic, will be standard, aka "You have to buy it anyway."

P.S. I'm not impressed by their dog. >.<

10. RisingSun

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [YOUTUBE]KOxdMQhDMIU[/YOUTUBE]
    Suddenly the Wii U looks much more interesting...

11. That Kid

I wonder if their E3 keynote will just be "you know all that crap we told you last time? Yeah, just kidding! Here's the actual new Xbox!"

12. Ridiculous

Wishful thinking my dear :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

13. Eric

Having been (mostly) a console gamer for as long as I can remember, I honestly don't see the appeal in console gaming anymore. Better start saving for a new PC. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

14. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wonder the same thing about the last Harry Potter book. ^^But yeah Eric, PC gaming is where it's at. All the benefits of console (including playing with a controller) plus MUCH more hardcore games, moddability, and most of the time, vastly improved graphics.

15. Illusion

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Meh. I'm not impressed. Especially with the whole not even letting you play used games without paying thing. And you think they could at least make it backwards compatible.
    But then, I don't really care much for consoles. Member of the PC Master Race here. :wink:

16. Tiny Catastrophe

I haven't heard one person say they would get this console. When it was revealed, my Facebook news feed was all people saying the same things as this thread and the people I game with on my 360 feel the same way. I really don't see this being a big seller at all. It seems they have forgotten this is a VIDEO GAME CONSOLE. I like having Netflix but they seem to really be overdoing it at this point with the entertainment aspect and less on the gaming aspect. And driving the prices up is absolute bull. They make plenty of money off people who use the 360 and even live for that is a bit expensive now. EPIC fail, Microsoft.

17. Ridiculous

Apparently the current rumoured batshittery that is going to be on this, going off what MS has been patenting, is the camera is going to record you while you are watching movies. The movies will have limits on how many people can view them at once, and if the camera detects more than three people (for example) in the room and that exceeds the limit, you'll have to pay an extra charge, or kick someone out of the room until you're within the permitted number.

I hope this decade's piracy is going to be in the form of people drawing stick figures on pieces of paper and propping them up against their consoles to fool them.

18. Tim

Tim

Lol. It's like Microsoft is trying to go bankrupt.

19. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If what he said is true, molotovs will probably fly at their headquarters.