1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scars, would ya love 'em?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PandaPirate94, May 20, 2013.

?

Would you love 'em?

1. Yes

54 vote(s)
    79.4%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  3. Depends on the person

13 vote(s)
    19.1%
  1. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Oh, of course. Would be hypocritical of me not too, considering I have scars from SI and some other incidents. Doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'd honestly find it a bit endearing considering we could relate in a fairly depressive, morbid way...

2. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd love them, but I would be concerned about their self esteem and if that would have a negative effect on the relationship. I want someone who values themselves and who (if for some reason we broke up) wouldn't harm themselves or not be able to be trusted alone.

If I saw SI scars, I would kiss every single one of them, and instantly try to help them and encourage them to seek help for it. The mood would pretty much be killed for me at that point as my protective nature rather than my primal sexual nature would surface, but I would still love them of course.

3. I feel like that would give a person more of a reason to stay by their side, or at least it should. I would care about the person who has them, but if they had them, it wouldn't change who they are.

4. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have hundreds of em, all but 2 self inflicted. I think I've had enough experience to understand the emotions behind them. It's an exchange, emotional pain for physical pain. We'd both have them so we'd both understand I'd hope. I wouldn't have a problem at all, but it'd be kind of difficult to think of all the pain they went through.

#24 Fugs, May 21, 2013
    Last edited: May 21, 2013
  5. Phoenix92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love my scars. I have several, one on my left leg, several on my right arm, and on along my neck.
    The ones on my arm and leg arm from surgeries to fix my arm, I had a fibulae graft done in summer of 2003, and then a couple of surgeries in 2006 because I shattered my lower humorous. The one on my neck was from the removal of a growth.

Those are from surgeries, I have more, but from injuries.

6. Trinitas

Trinitas Guest

I'd absolutely love them just as much. Scars would not change my feeling toward someone, its only skin. If they're self inflicted scars I would be sure they feel every bit of that love to help heal that pain and hope they wouldn't feel that need to hurt themselves anymore.

7. EyesNeverLie

I would definitely love them the same.

8. Britishskittles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It would be calling the kettle black seeing as I have self harm scars myself , I think id be relieved that I didn't have to explain selfharm to them they would understand and not judge me , but id also feel upset that they didn't think they where worth more than that because If I was sleeping with her I would think she was worth a lot

9. antje

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've always had a thing for scars. They're like proof of how brave someone is, you can see only a percentage of what they've been through on their skin, the worst of the physical, and yet they're standing in front of you and smiling, despite all the pain they've felt and been marked by. That's beautiful.

10. Spurned

Spurned Guest

I have hundreds, all of them minus one self inflicted, so I know what it's like. Scars don't matter, because usually they're old and just remains of the past, it depends on the person themselves, in the present.
    And in ways to me, scars are beautiful, but that doesn't mean I'd love someone more if they had scars.

11. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Scars wouldn't bother me, though I know they gross my brother out. (Both of my parents had fun with him when they had their gall bladders removed). Thing is, if I get close to someone, they'll probably feel one of my scars. Got a big one on the back of my head where a cyst was removed. Actualy, this is part of the reason I don't like getting my hair cut, because when I go in, they see me as a guy, and want to give me a short haircut, exposing that dime size scar that doesn't grow hair, and I have gotten questions about it after getting haircuts before.

12. hyperaware

hyperaware Guest

Absolutely. I myself am very self conscious due to my multiple scars, the biggest one crossing my entire belly (I had cancer when I was a kid and I had to have a kidney removed blablabla long story), and I always wonder if my eventual partner would be freaked out by it once they see it. Good to know there are people out there that don't mind the scars.

13. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I don't mind it. after yesterday I may have a very visible one from now on >_>

14. Envira

I mean, if I really loved the person, they would probably seem virtually perfect in my eyes, so why would scars make any difference. They would probably even seem beautiful, right?

15. OutwardSmiles

I would definitely still love them. Maybe even a little more. Scars from accidental injuries I actually find quite attractive like everyone else seems to; the whole "it adds character" thing plus the fact that I think it makes people seem stronger. And if the scars were from self-harming, I would feel an intense need to protect them from ever hurting enough to do that again and I would probably also kiss every single one of them like heartincheck said. Either way, I would love them more for their scars, probably even more if it was from SI because from then on my biggest goal would be to make them as happy as I possibly could.

16. Awe, I sorry.

17. ashweewoohoo

ashweewoohoo Guest

Of course. I have more than my fair share of scars. It doesnt matter what's on the outside.

18. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes, even Keloid Scars, it's the person that counts & scars are only human skin :slight_smile:

19. DelFelidae

I wouldn't care if someone had scars, I have a collection of scars ranging from my lower back down :icon_sad:, so, I'd love the scars of whoever could love mine.:slight_smile: