1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning and Confused

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by jake48, May 19, 2013.

1. jake48

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Lately I have been questioning my sexuality everyday. Im 20 years old male and I have never been in a relationship with a girl or ever been kissed. Lately I started to notice guys more and more. When ever I see too guys either holding hands or making out on tv it kinda makes me sad in a way (like why can't I have that). Also, when ever I think about being in relationship its I only ever imagine being with a guy. I have a lot friends that are girls and rarely any that are guys. Im always afraid to to talk to guys at all for them thinking Im not man enough or from being judge by them ( i don't know if this has to deal with me getting bullied when younger). The most understanding I have of why I think I'm gay is because I joined a gay social network site and guy I went to school with at college recognized me and messaged me and at that moment I felt like I was going to die.

I'm sorry if this isn't much, a lot of it is me writing my thoughts. I love to hear thoughts and opinions from others who have been in same situation!!!!!!!!!

What are some other ways to help figure out I'm gay, I feel like I'm past the point of reading because I have read a lot, I feel like Im at point of needing to meet actual people. those who are gay

to help me to help find out if I'm gay I been thinking about going to gay pride night at a bar would this be a bad idea? I would also be going alone?

thanks

2. StfuAahlee

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    You sound gay..
    If you're sexually attracted to men and not women, then you're gay! Explore it and see if it makes ya happy

3. Stray

Yeah, I'd agree with aahlee; from your post, you seem gay.

What you're feeling when you see other gay couples I'd describe as "longing". When I was still in the closet and dating girls, I too would feel saddened when I'd see a happy gay couple. I've since realized that I just connect with guys more, and honestly would prefer to be with one.

As for going to a bar on gay pride night, I'd definitely recommend it. I know my straight sister likes to go to gay bars, so I'm sure some of your friends would come with you. And just relax and be yourself, most of us are willing to give you a chance if you're willing to give us one :slight_smile: