1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am i the only so emotional?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GayAndHappylol, May 14, 2013.

1. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    Like i react very emotionally,even about the littlest things i act like a cry baby.For example whenever i leave for holidays,i cry all the day cause i dont wanna leave.Or when someone close to me goes away,or even from a song,or a simple situation ill break down.And everyone keeps saying ''Youre so emotional,seriously you shouldn't be so emotional over everything''.I kinda feel that i am the only one who feels like that most of the time.So,is there anyone who is overly emotional?

2. magic

im overly emotional i cried when people in my class that a was't even close with left

3. evora

I am the complete opposite and it bothers me because I can't cry when someone dies or when it's 'appropriate'.:frowning2: I'm a bit scared people might think I'm a sociopath or something for not getting visibly upset when hearing about murder or being able to discuss it without showing any emotion.
    I think my problem is that I don't cry when I'm sad or upset but when I feel completely helpless.:rolle:

Of course, this doesn't mean that I don't feel like crying when people are crying around me at funerals, because I do but I know if I started I couldn't stop so I always try to appear very calm and collected while at the same time trying to look sympathetic. To me it seems just as horrible as constantly bursting into tears.

#3 evora, May 14, 2013
    Last edited: May 14, 2013
  4. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    At its worst, it could be a sign of depression, and at its best, a serious lack of fortitude. Neither are what I would call 'healthy'.

Emotional... yes, but not so out of control. I can and do downplay stronger reactions when necessary.

5. June Cleaver

I cry, but not overly so. I have to be hurt, or upset over something. Lately I have been crying at night quietly because I can't have a child. I still get upset every day when he goes to work and leaves out the door and cry even sometimes. It is because I am in love with him, and the last time I felt like this about a man was my 3rd partner and he left for work one morning and never came home. He was killed in a on the job accident. His death still haunts me and fight the fear it will happen again. Silly I know, but 17 years later it still bothers me. It might be normal for you to be so emotional. Each of us are completely different. Unique in our own way, so what is normal for one is abnormal for the next guy. My advise is as long as your life is not being negatively effected by your emotions, than don't worry about it. June

6. NeatlyOrganized

You know, you're nearly completely in control of this? You speak about how emotional you are like it's a problem. Change it. Quite simple really, I'm not sure how old you are, and I'm not sure when I realized this myself, but you can change just about anything related to the way you/your mind reacts to situations, all it requires is discipline, and a real desire for it to be different.

7. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so emotional and sensitive that it hurts sometimes. You're definitely not alone out there. I can't even handle someone raising their voice to me a little bit... I slink back and try to get away and tear up.

8. CupidBoy

CupidBoy Guest

I'm very sensitive. I can cry often over people who I really care about, if I'm worried about them or they hurt my feelings.

I understand.

9. RedPowerRanger

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I`m very much like you CupidBoy. I take jokes the wrong way.