1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did you choose?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Emberblaze, May 6, 2013.

?

Did you choose to be gay? bi? lesbian? trans?... etc?

1. Yes, it was entirely my decision.

2 vote(s)
    1.3%
  2. Maybe I subconsciously pushed it on myself?

11 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. No, it wasn't my decision at ALL.

120 vote(s)
    80.0%
  4. ... I'm not sure really...

17 vote(s)
    11.3%
  1. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i agree with you , take for example gay parents who children turn out to be saight, there is a gay family whos youtube channel i follow (depfox) they are a great family 2 gay men raising a son and daughter and the son who is now 12 has told them he is straight and says he has feelings for girls, and he grew up in a gay environment went to pride prop 8 rallies his best friend has 2 moms and yet he is still straight, so i firmly belive its not nature or nuture or anything else , that its just who we are.

2. Bobbybobby99

Bobbybobby99 Guest

Mix purple, you don't believe that it is a genetic trait? You think that we magically just are a specific orientation. Good for you, I suppose...

---------- Post added 11th May 2013 at 04:31 AM ----------

Not nature of nurture.... You think that we are just magically one orientation or another...

3. Aptiva

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  4. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I never chose to be gay. I was raised in the same house and in the same way as my brothers and never knew anything other than straight couples so there was no nurturing me to be gay. As others have said, life would be easier if I was straight, but I'm not.

As for bisexual people "choosing" to be gay, I guess I see it as identifying as gay to simplify it. You are still bi, but at the gay end of the scale. But I'm not bi so maybe I'm totally wrong on that and I imagine it's different for everyone.

Even if being gay is a choice, why should that prevent someone from marrying a person of the same gender? It's kinda hard to think about because if people weren't naturally gay they wouldn't even think about having a same gender spouse. I think the fact that people are so passionate and dedicated to this and other equality issues shows that our sexuality is very real, intrinsic and meaningful to us. Love and attraction are powerful human feelings and they won't be defeated.

5. blikeo

Did I choose who I am attracted to? No. Did I choose to act on those attractions? Yes.

6. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    you totally misunderstood me, i did not say i just think we are magically one orientation i said i dont belive that its nuture the environment does not make us gay, i believe we are born that way so then yes i guess i do believe its a genetic trait.I have no idea why you are getting all bitchy with me.

7. Bobbybobby99

Bobbybobby99 Guest

Well, even if you didn't mean it, you specifically said
    " Not nature or nurture" which does imply that it just magically appears out of nowhere. I am sorry to badger you on the exact presisions of your speech, but I am still annoyed with you for calling me a racist, something you have still not appollagised with regards to...