1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TheDude, Apr 28, 2013.

1. ilayis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    About 20-30mins

2. Britishskittles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    if I don't have to be anywhere than I go at my own speed and have a shower than an hour or so , if I have to be somewhere early in the morning and a skip breakfast then 10 - 15 min

3. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not long - about 30 minutes.

But I have to get up way earlier because I constantly hit the "snooze" button on my alarm.

4. GreenSkies

GreenSkies Guest

I usually work out for about 30 to 40 minutes in the morning and then it takes me about 20 minutes total to shower, get dressed, brush my teeth and run out the door. If I had to be up late the night before, I usually shower at night and skip the workout and then it only takes me about ten/twelve minutes. I usually pack a granola bar with me for breakfast and eat it on the bus or during my break.

5. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It depends. Due to my current schedule, I tend to up for quite a long time before I need to go anyplace. And so the "getting ready" is spread over a period that has other activities. Typically, I stagger out of bed, mumbling like a mummy come to life, "I need coffee. Coffee. Coffee." I make that, eat something, go through e-mail (personal and work), and spread my unique brand of sunshine here. When the time comes to go out, that can vary wildly, depending on how much I do.

On the other hand, this morning I crawled and was out the door in less than an hour.

---------- Post added 28th Apr 2013 at 09:07 PM ----------

My favorite be ready fast story was one a high school teacher told me. When he was in high school, he apparently did as much as he could the night before. He even got dressed for school, and slept in his clothes....

I remember telling a high school student I knew about ten years ago this story. That guy nodded, and said something like he liked to have his stuff ready to go, or something like that. I gently explained, "No, he wasn't just getting out his clothes. He was dressing and sleeping in them." I remember the guy I was talking to staring at me, and then saying, "That's nasty!" Or something like that.

6. Aielar

On weekdays, it usually takes me about an hour and twenty minutes to wake up, drag myself out of bed, shower, dry my hair, eat breakfast, check emails/empty closets and respond to posts, feed the animals, and pack my back pack for the day. I tend to wake up earlier than I need to because I'm slow to get out of bed and get ready for the day.

On weekends, it doesn't take me long to get ready at all - typically about twenty minutes to wake up, get dressed, eat breakfast, brush my hair, and feed the animals before I'm out the door.

7. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Since I work nights, I don't wake up until 12-1pm. Notice I didn't say get up, I said wake up, because it just takes me forever to get out of bed; I'm not a "morning" person. After that, it takes me like an hour and 30 mins. to shower, get dress, eat, etc. I guess I'm really lethargic about it since I still have a couple of hours until work, though if I have to be some wheres, I can cut it down to 20 mins.

8. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If needed, I can go from my bed to the front door in less than 5 min. Ideally, I'd like anywhere from 45-60 min to shower, defecate, quickly look over notes, have a small snack, and check email, but I rarely get any of those done and end up rushing it at the last minute, heh.

It takes far longer for me to wake up than anything else.

9. funkeln

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ideally: 45 minutes to make breakfast, have coffee, review class material, shower, empty bowels, brush, and change.

Realistically: 4 minutes to shower, change, and leave.

10. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If I'm in a hurry, I can get ready in under 10 minutes.

Normally though, it's around a half hour.

11. TSN2012

I would say about 20-25 minutes. I don't even shower in the morning hahaha. I also eat breakfast in my car so I have instant oatmeal every morning, they are so fast to cook. It takes me really long to set my hair though because I'm really bad at it.

12. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This sounds like me every morning before work. XD

13. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

About 40-50 minutes all in all on a school day

14. Hexagon

It takes me 20ish minutes to wake up, and approximately 3 to get ready. If I have to go somewhere early, I can't seem to eat in the morning, I shower in the evening, and my hair sticks up just fine on its own. So its really a case of dressing fully, and brushing my teeth. I've just got my lip pierced, so caring for that might take a bit longer, but I haven't had to go to my training course since I had it done so I'm not sure.

On non training days, its not really like that. I wake up when I feel like it, get up when I feel like it, eat when hungry etc. My laptop is on my bed, so it can take a while for me to actually leave my bedroom.

15. FemCasanova

Depends, but mostly I can get out of bed and out through the door in 10 minutes. I put my make up on at work, as it is almost bound to get smudgy in the weather outside anyways. And I always shower during evenings, as I hate going outside with cold wet hair. Plus, I freeze in the mornings. And I mostly always have everything ready in my bag, so, it doesn`t require much. So, no, I don`t use much time getting ready. At work putting my make up on takes 5 min. My hair is a different matter altogether and I hate it! Which is why I go through it at evening time and only throw it in a pony tail during daytime, lol.

16. GayJay

My alarm goes off for about a hour and a half before i actually wake up to it. Well i apparently wake up before that and get really angry at my alarm and tell people to 'piss off' but i can never remember doing it

So yeah after i'm up i eat, shower and get dressed in about 10-15 mins
    But i'm late and without breakfast then like 5 minutes

17. Hexagon

Lol. I have been known to attempt to murder my alarm clock...

18. kem

kem

I LOVE MORNINGS. I'm definitely a morning person, I love getting up early! When I still had school I usually had to wake up at 6am. I take my time and it takes me around 50 minutes to get ready to leave for the bus stop.
    Now that I don't have school or work, I love waking up at 8 or 9, going jogging downstairs at the gym every morning, coming back up to make breakfast and shower and then going on to other daily activities. If I wake up later, like at 11 or 12, it just feels like I've missed half of the day.
    Making breakfast is one of my favourite things to do! Today I had a banana-avocado-sunflower seed milk (which I made myself) smoothie with spirulina and fresh basil leaves from my own basil. :slight_smile:

19. JustMe2602

Showering, getting dressed, have breakfast, packing my books and brushing my teeth and hair: a complete total of 1 hour.

20. Jordz

Showering, breakfast, brush teeth and sort hair is my morning routine and it takes about 40 minutes in total