1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News FCKH8 Campaign

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by rcollinz13, Apr 28, 2013.

1. rcollinz13

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The very first time that I had seen videos by fckh8.com I was appalled. Being gay myself I felt ashamed in a way. Yes, I agree with their overall message but not the way that they are doing it. If we ever want to be able convince people to side with us, I don't think that this is the way that we should be doing it. It seems counter productive and makes us look bad to outsiders. If we want to convince people to side with us than telling them to go fuck themselves because they disagree at the moment will not convince anyone. I want to know how the rest of you feel about the fckh8 organisation. Here is a link to their website if you don't know who they are. Cheers.

Welcome to FCKH8 -

2. Whiteboymdew

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I just watched their Old Farts F♥ck Hate: Grannies & Geezers Stick Up for Gay Grandkids! I couldn't stop laughing. But I do agree with you.

3. Ridiculous

It's very forced; it doesn't seem genuine at all. As you can see from their website it's almost assuredly about selling merchandise rather than trying to help any social change.

4. Incognito10

I understand their message and sentiments; however, their antics and over-the-top presentation of their message will not be well-received by anyone who doesn't already support equality and anti-hate toward LGBTQ people. Going around saying, "FCKH8" is not going to garner any support of those on the other side.

5. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I do agree. Every time I see a FKH8 poster, it makes me feel about as nauseous as when I see a picture of Romney. It takes quite a bit to get me to hate something that's on the same side I'm on. I think it's because of these guys I was reluctant to say I was LGBT. Not because "oh, it's gay" It kind of gave the message that "If you don't like gays, you'll get a grenade in your face"

6. Incognito10

Good point. Their website seems as if they saw a financial motive behind a social cause and jumped on the bandwagon. Based on my brief review of their site, they don't demonstrate any active or grassroots methods of stymieing hate.

7. funkeln

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    oh god.. its like they want people to be disgusted by the lgbt movement

8. photoguy93

OH, so Billy the backwoods ass is going to listen to, say, The HRC? Yeah, I'm sure.........

I personally love the campaign. It's fun! I don't try to compare it to any of the other big organizations or campaigns. It's like the "I heart boobies" campaign. That's "classless" but it's sure a lot of fun! It makes people want to support a cause. It's totally geared towards us young people.

I respect your views. I just think it's being blown out of proportion.

9. Gold Griffin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Anyone using the terms "H8" and "Str8" is inherently suspect in my opinion.

10. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I enjoy them and bought the Some Dudes Marry Dudes just because I like the bluntness.

11. Fiddledeedee

Every movement for social change needs firebrands and diplomats. Different strategies reach different people, and anger and being loud are important tools that can be used. FCKH8 are firmly in the "firebrand" category, and whilst I am not like them they do have their role to play. As far as I have seen in their videos, they concentrate on "fuck hate" rather than "fuck straights", which is where I would have a problem with them.