1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EC crush

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gibson234, Apr 26, 2013.

1. UndercoverGypsy

I didn't expect to ever see a fight club reference on EC! Yay!

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Fight Club was cool :slight_smile:

3. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    :roflmao:

4. KingdomKeyDK

I have a boyfriend on EC. :slight_smile:

5. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For the OP, I would be utterly shocked if it was me. Not really confidence issues, but more like I have a lot of other accounts on the internet that I do my absolute best to separate this one from (cue laughter from mods). And I really don't think it's "weird" as we're all kinda in the same boat. Although I haven't really had any EC crushes (okay, that might be a lie), there are some members here that I have high regards for.

I tried getting my boyfriend here on EC at one point. He was having a pretty terrible depression and I know my arguments with him would have been backed up by certain members of this forum. But before I could make any absolute moves, his depression got a shit load better. *looks at boyfriend laughing his ass off* ...Yeah.

6. ANightDude

I'd be stunned too. Mostly because I'm pretty sure most people on here think I'm a bitch or something. :lol:

7. Munyal

I'm totally crushing on Dublin Boy.

*cue sarcasm* TOTALLY. All day long. Lol not really.

All contents of this post are purely sarcastic.

8. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    EC Crushes...well, I've wanted to give Hexagon a hug after all he's been through. Other than that, I think I have a sibling-type love for you guys. We're a family, after all, aren't we? :wink:

9. Munyal

For a group that won't procreate with one another 3/5 of the time, we are a surprisingly large family, AwesomeGaytheist

10. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, some of you are my brothers and sisters, some of you are my cousins, two people on this forum are like my wierd uncle, and King is the estranged member of the family that hates me.

11. person57

Ikr! Whenever I find out somebody loves me I start blushing and I get very flattered lol

12. UndercoverGypsy

:lol: Same here, mate.

13. Munyal

I see. This is sort of like my complex school family.

14. UndercoverGypsy

It's my favourite movie of all time :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 4th Aug 2013 at 04:40 PM ----------

Does that mean the sarcasm was sarcastic, making your statements sincere?

15. Hrantou

Hey I won't lie. Some people on EC are very attractive, and I don't mean that looks wise. Since this is a forum, you read peoples thoughts and opinions and what they talk about and you just kinda look at them and go, "Hey...I get what you said! I like you :slight_smile:"

Or is that just me? Probably just me. xD

16. MerBear

okay, you can't search out someone then pick specifically and say "oh im going to have a crush on him"

yeah, totally not true. If you develop feelings for someone, they will come naturally. You can believe you have feelings for someone but to say you can pick and choose, no. That's like saying your sexuality is a choice.

You can't go on a forum and just develop random feelings for anyone. You can let yourself get attached to an IDEA but feelings? those are completely true and natural.
    coming from my experience, i can get attached to an idea that this girl is perfect for me because she has a great personality and she's this and that and what not.

but an idea, a lot of you have misperceived the definition of "crush" ....and sought out plenty of underlining excuses for this. You do have the capability of developing natural feelings for some online, call it what you want but You can.

Coming from my own personal experience, My ex was everything to me and for those who say "You just got attached to the idea or got wrongfully attached"

No, I did not get attached to the idea, I loved her with my heart and I don't need to prove that anyone but myself. I protected her, I cared for her. I denied my feelings for her infact for the longest time, I have never been so hurt in my life. That was my first real HeartBreak and for anyone who tells me it's not HeartBreak, Please ...keep that matter of opinion to yourself because I don't need to hear it quite frankly.

All I am is saying is. Yes, This is NOT a dating site, this a support forum But If someone develops natural feelings for someone, who's to tell them to stop? its not like they can. Yes, they have feelings for them...I am not saying they should ACT necessarily on those feelings but Please, don't try to make this out as some bad thing. Feelings can't go against your rules unless they are enacted on. I do, UnderStand that you are trying to PREVENT them, from using this as a dating site and such. I DO, i've been on this form long enough to know that but all I am is saying, treat the OP a little more fairly and respectfully with your words ...like

"i dont believe you can develop feelings until you meet the person"

....yes, You may fully give your opinion but still....do understand this might upset the person and not really necessary to give it out. I think, There is a huge difference between an "Idea" and actual natural feelings and I do also UNDERSTAND that making a thread on this matter is a trigger to the rules and not really allowed but sometimes people can get frustrated and want to let their hidden feelings out in some way so please try to also respect that.

I understand the jobs of moderators and are only taking precautionary measures but Please understand there is a difference between things and To take things a little lighter.

I Know, a lot of you are going to get upset with me and disagree and That's totally fine. Give your Opinion but I might not reply back considering This is a touchy subject for me.

I am in no way saying the MODS or ADMIN are being rude or disrespectful in any form or shape, I'm just saying to take it a little more lightly and Know the differences.

17. Tim

Tim

Haha, I think this about every forum I go to. I can come off as pretty bitchy at times, as I make a lot of snarky and sarcastic posts. xD I've never seen you as a bitch though, xD

Anyway, as for the topic at hand, it's not really unnatural, as many have said. When there's so many people on the forum that you can relate to, it's natural for a crush of some kind to develop over time. xD I used to get literally day-long crushes on people the first year I was here. Not exclusively on here, obviously. xD Back then, crushes just came and went with me, online and off. Nothing really caused them either, they just happened, then I'd wake up the next day and it'd be done. It was odd. I think it was because I had just come out, and my brain was telling me it was okay to crush on people, so it was like, crushing on everyone.

Nowadays it's not common for me to get a crush, online or off. xD And even if I did have one, I would never tell someone, as that's just the way I am. I've literally had people ask me out in person and I laughed at them because I genuinely thought they were joking. That's how bad my self esteem is. :S

#77 Tim, Aug 4, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  18. GingerGuy

It's perfectly normal. I became friends with two EC members who are from my country, and already met one of them in person. If you want a crush or a friendship, just go beyond EC. If you are able to overcome geographical barriers and to meet in person, even better.

19. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's one guy in the fun and games forum who lives in a town I was just in a few weeks ago...damn.

20. Night

Night Guest

...so, why was this thread resurrected? It's only a few months old but I mean really now.