1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EC crush

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gibson234, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sadly, admin tools don't include any kind of mind-reading device. xD

2. kraftykrow

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I haven't been here long enough to crush on anyone, but everyone seems so nice, it could happen. *blushes*

3. Silverbells000

I've had an online crush so it happens and as long as it doesn't become a weird stalker thing...it's all okay haha

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    EC crushes are part and parcel of the EC experience. Dancing banana, dancing banana, dancing banana. :slight_smile:

Lex

5. Van

Van

I remember that like 3 or 4 years ago I had a huge crush on a guy I met online. :icon_redf
    We talked for like 2 years before we came out to each other. :grin: I knew he was gay from the start. :grin:

And, yeah, there are some really cool guys here on EC. But I'm far from crushing on someone. :grin:

6. kraftykrow

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Your avatar makes me happy :slight_smile: Brooklyn was my fav.

Sorry to go OT

7. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Crushes are flattering :slight_smile:

8. UndercoverGypsy

Yeah, I did... :grin:

9. Cool Bananas

Brisbane, but I seem to fly as much as superman
    Some of you are fast, only here a few months and some of you already have a crush.

No crush on any yet, I started chatting to a guy online a few years ago but it took about 8 months before we met for real, but when I first met them the spark just wasn't there, yes there were parts I liked about them but then I realised that meeting someone online gives only half the story.

There was a thread a month ago where one guy said it would be nice if we lived close by that way we could catch up for a beer or coffee, so yes there is one or two people I would like to meet them and chat to them to save having to type everything.

10. Alexander69

I try not to get infatuated over the Internet becuase it won't ever happen

11. GreenMayhem21

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Totally not weird. I used to have the same situation like you but not here in EC.

12. lull23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have a huge crush on :***:.

I want to :***:, :***: and :***: him. Then I want him to :***: me too.

Then after he :***:, I want to :***: him again.

I even want to :***:.

13. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The first rule of the secret Admin mind-reading device is to not talk about the secret Admin mind-reading device :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But... yeah, I have had one or two in the past. On a site with many like-minded people, it is not all that strange to get infatuated with people that you share similarities with. I'd even say that by having them and thinking about why I liked some people, I figured out a lot about myself.

I don't think it's good to allow yourself to be carried away by a crush (even by offline crushes, actually), though. And, of course, the standard disclaimer applies that it isn't the purpose of the site, and you shouldn't actively go and search for people to crush on.

14. lull23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Interesting statement.

Do people actually seek out people that they can have a crush on?

For me, a crush has always been something that's kinda hit me, not something I've ever thought "he's FIT, I'll have a crush on him!". For me, it's more of a "wow, I get some strange feelings when I think of this guy, I've got such a crush on him".

How does it work for other people?

15. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm prone to online crushes. Offline too, hehe. They're fun little things.
    I wouldn't show up on your doorstep stating my username though.

16. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I can't speak for all other people, obviously :wink:
    And personally, I have the same attitude as you. Crushes were always something that crept up on me. In fact, the one proof I always used that they were a crush, and not just a mild infatuation, was that they happened despite my best efforts to stop them.

But... I'm pretty sure a lot of people are very active in procuring crushes. I know a fair few people who are just utterly uncomfortable with the idea of being single, and end up asking themselves one question when meeting new people: "could he/she be the one?"
    Which leads to attempts to find common interests, and if any are found, to try and force feelings to happen.

And same goes, I guess, for some people coming on here. Some have struggled for so long with the closet that the moment they come out, they want it all: being out, being connected to the gay community, having a partner. Which can sometimes lead to latching on to the first person to say anything more than "hi". Not because of any deep feelings (I don't believe you can have those after only a few days), but because they're slightly desperate for anything to happen, and convince themselves that anything they feel must be love.

Mind you, it's less cerebral than "Oh, I have nothing better to do. Let's crush on that guy!", but I do think there is such a thing as being TOO proactive.

...and, as I'm typing this up, I'm also thinking that dating sites are pretty much built on people actively trying to crush on other people. Which can be a good thing, but it's explicitely not what EC is about.

17. Harve

I really don't see how anyone could crush on someone from an internet forum, and I'm on forums where I speak to people often enough to call them 'friends' (as opposed to here, where I just float around). I mean, I haven't crushed on an EC member here but I wouldn't find it weird for someone else to. So different folks, different strokes I guess!

And I'm sure there are plenty of members I'd get along with if I knew them IRL.

18. QueerQueen

Haha, this made me laugh. Aww, as far as EC goes, I haven't had a crush, on another forum though yes. I'll admit some girls on here have piqued my interest, but that's about it. Haven't talked to them or anything, just from what is posted, some have intrigued me.

19. lexi

lexi Guest

I used to pick guys to crush on, so I could talk about it with my friends... Then I realized I preferred girls :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

20. SomeNights

I get it and have done it once, we broke up and now I am kind of always think "will this post offend him" plus it made it really hard to use EC as a resource durring the breakup.

IN SHORT: Really bad idea, make sure you consider the consequences of what happens if it goes south....I was lucky in that we are both still friends