1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really came out on Facebook

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by ilayis, Apr 25, 2013.

1. ilayis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So as I've been drinking I finally came up with the courage to just lay it on the line with mainly friends and some family(mainly christian grandparents..My sister and mom already knew) on Facebook.

The first and only person to respond was my uncles' gf....

This is what I said..

I want to date guys and girls so if you don"t like that you can just erase me from your life.I don't want your lectures or opinions.

Life is to short to deal with that crap.Either your fine with it or your not.

I love you all but I'm thinking of my own sanity and love for myself.

(Her)Hey Ryan! Hope all is well. Just read your last post. You do what YOU want and what YOU feel is best for YOU! I can guarantee you love and support from me for whatever YOU choose. Just wanted you to know its ok!! Love ya buddy!!

(Me)(Crying)Thanks a lot Julie.Your very sweet and accepting and I love you for it.

(Her)Hey, I mean every word. My brother is gay and I love and accept him!! When/if Scott and I get down there, I will introduce you to him. He's been with his partner for almost 30 years. Family is family. Don't ever be ashamed of who you are or how you feel. Be true to yourself. If you ever need to talk I'm always here!!

(Me)Thanks a lot.Yeah it will be great to meet your brother.I will definitely call ya if i ever need support.Someone needs to give you a medal for kindness.

Her)No medal needed. I've been through a lot lately myself. I finally grew a backbone and got out of a bad marriage. It's hard but we all survive. None of us are perfect therefore we have no room to judge another. I know life hasn't been great for you lately, you've got a lot going on personally and with your dad and his stupidity,but as I said...family is family. I may not officially be an Oesau, but I consider all of you family. Keep your chin up Ryan!! Ok....I better get to sleep....5am is just around the corner! Love ya!!

11:08pm
    (Me)I'll keep it short so I'll just say thank you,can't wait to see you,love you and most importantly your family to me!!! :tears::icon_bigg
    Chat Conversation End
    Seen 11:08 PM

2. BornInTexas

Awwwwwwww! She sounds REALLY nice. I bet you love her so much right now.

3. OutwardSmiles

That's great for you that you got up the courage to come out to so many people, and it's awesome that you got such a great reaction! She sounds like a really great person to have in your family. Maybe one day I'll be as brave as you. I just hope I'd get as good a reaction. Congratulations!

4. ilayis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honestly if i hadn't been drinking i wouldn't have said anything but yeah i do love her.I knew there was something special about her when i met her less than a year ago.Thanks you guys(*hug*)

5. The Dude

What an awesome story! I'm glad you found the courage to do it...reactions like this continue to motivate me in terms of continuing coming out, so thanks for sharing it.

Congratulations!

6. ilayis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It took me yrs to do this just to just to let people know.

7. Italy or Bust

That's wonderful! She seems like a great person.

I might caution you, though, to remove the names that you and she used, as it may run afoul of an EC policy...?

8. ilayis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks alot but there are so many people out there with the same names that it won't be a problem as long as i don't give my last name.Appreciate it though.(*hug*)