1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does size matter?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Alexander69

LOL sounds rude but I mean when you are long for someone are you looking at body type?

2. PinkFluff

Either someone who is slightly muscular or someone who is the same as me. I am quite picky with men, sadly. :frowning2:

3. Hexagon

I honestly don't mind. I find most people beautiful.

4. I suppose I do kind of prefer a bigger guy. Not that I am larger - I just love kids! But no, I don't look at body.

5. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It doesn't, and it shouldn't, but for a lot of people it does.

6. TSN2012

I really hope size doesn't matter, because I'm male and my height is only 170cm (5'7). My shortness gives me this severe inferiority complex (and this makes me really depressed) and I always feel intimidated and inferior when i'm around taller guys. So, if I have a boyfriend, I would personally prefer someone who is around my height because if he's like 180cm(6'0)+ I would feel so weak and small.
    But in the end if you really love someone, nothing should really matter though! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol
    I hope it doesn't matter either.... haha... im 5'2 and dont expect to be geting much taller, if anything it will be close to 5'4 max

Im kind of afraid once i get out into the real world (like college and beyond) it will matter.. but currently my Crush is 6'0 and honestly starting to think he likes me... but then again... high school relationships lol, and im moving to boston in a year anyway.

Honestly id want someone taller than me or around the same height, but the latter is unlikely.

As far as body type goes, i guess im "sort of" shallow when it comes to myself..., just as long as they dont have excess stomach body fat im fine, but i do think all people are beautiful :slight_smile:

8. Alexander69

AWE I think short guys are cute!!!!! AWEEE haha I'm not fussy about tall or short at all I use to be picky in shape like skinny fat but I look at facial features more now then body type

9. TSN2012

haha well thank you! XD I'm glad you think that short guys are cute!

10. Alexander69

I think it's more than cute lol :slight_smile:

11. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like guys to be taller than me (which is a bit of an issue as I'm 6 foot 2) but honestly I'm not really fussed about people's body type, I'm not all that picky. The only thing that I really don't find attractive is if somebody is massively overweight; sometimes being a bit bigger suits people but at a certain point it's just unattractive in my opinion.

12. DanD

Well... I'm a massive 5'4" on a good day. I'd prefer someone around my height, slightly shorter, or slightly taller upto around 5' 8" ish lol. I just would feel inferior if I had a boyfriend who was like 6' 4" or something :slight_smile:
    Build wise, someone the same as me would be fine. Kinda skinny with muscle, but not too much.

13. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Not really. Although I DO often prefer taller, skinny guys. But its not a determining factor

14. Lewis

Yes, size does matter. Why would I want to date somebody that is clinically obese and obviously doesn't care about themselves? Even if they had the best personality in the world.

Looks don't matter to me, but if somebody isn't willing to care for themselves and realise the damage they're doing then that's instantly unattractive. I'd definitely date somebody that is classed as overweight (I'm not skinny by any means myself), but there's a fine line between being overweight and being fat.

I may get some flack for this and people saying it's all about the personality. But you know that deep down, it's true.

15. lull23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm with you on this.

Unless you meet someone through your circle of friends and get to know them that way (or colleague at work etc), there needs to be something to attract you to them initially. If that basic attraction isn't there, then you don't have much to go on.

I'm not physically attracted to the obese, muscle marys, or people too tall/short (I'm 6' so 4" either way for me, as a rule of thumb)

Shallow maybe, realistic definitely.

16. Lewis

Yeah, it did sound a little shallow, but I'm not a shallow person. I do initially like to find somebody attractive, but sometimes I can get to know somebody and later find them attractive.

Obesity is life-threatening. I used that as an example to say that sometimes size does matter. Not always, but sometimes.

17. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd like to say that it wouldn't matter, but I'm not sure.

18. Dynamite

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I like men of all types. As long as they are not very very overweight. Sorry ;P

19. Harve

I honestly think that someone who says 'looks don't mattter' is kidding themselves. First impressions, in particular, inevitably affect us, even if it's subconsciously.

20. leer

why is size such a problem I just dont get it