1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Day of Silence

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by manoverboard09, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Chickenlover

...trees and rocks and rocks and trees and WATER!
    I'm doing it! Pity it's not a school day for me... At least it'll give my parents a break from me...

2. TheBritishGuy

Lol at the person who had the oral presentation.

When the day comes I'm gonna have a hard time keeping my mouth shut, but I'll try out of support. The main problem with me comes from the fact that I like to pick fights with the rednecks that live in my area of lgbt, race, and feminist issues, and I also like to make off-color jokes whenever the moment presents itself. I may just tape my mouth shut that morning and avoid getting into situations where things are easy to make fun of. but other than my big mouth I'm excited for it!

3. Robin

This will be my first day of silence. The last three that I had the chance to participate in, I chose instead to act like a homophobic @%$*#$! for the entire day since I wasn't out yet and was deathly scared. I shall now redeem myself! In fact, ironically, I've had a rather big part in organizing it this year in my school. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. BudderMC

I do want to do it at some point, but not this year. It's the middle of exams and I have nothing to study for, so I'm not gonna see anybody that day, besides my housemates who are all really supportive of LGBT stuff anyways.

5. Aielar

At my practicum, the school is having a day of silence today - but it's not for lgbtq, it's for Free the Children/Invisible Children. Still a good cause, but not one I can participate in as I'm in a preschool :wink:

6. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

I only broke the silence for a minute or two today, one reason being I HAD to talk to a teacher and the other when someone touched me I freaked out. Otherwise I said nothing.