College

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by theMaverick, Apr 5, 2013.

1. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, college is hideously expensive here. And I don't know the year to year trends, but it's certainly gotten more expensive than inflation many years.

2. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It definitely has.

The university I'm attending is quite expensive, but college is still worth the cost.

3. Thatoneguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am really excited to be on campus next year, I had signed up to move into the dorms because I was having trouble making friends. Then I became part of a great group of friends within weeks of signing up for dorms. :lol: oh well, part of the university experience I guess.

4. theMaverick

THAT'S AWESOME and I'm jealous!

5. redstormrising

Pretty much this. I did my undergrad about 35-40 min from home, but I lived on campus. (Finances were not a concern since I had a full scholarship that included room and board.) I think having independence from your family is an important part of the college experience.

6. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

Do you really believe that having that experience is really all that important? I don't. Any certainly not for the amount of money you can save by living at home. I live in a major college town so I could walk to classes if I was currently going. Saving 30k and living at home seems like a way better option than living with somebody you don't know, especially if you're introverted and have always sucked at making friends like me.

7. theMaverick

The reason I'm living on campus is that I'm 24 and have never managed to get out of my parents house due to financial difficulties, and living on campus is the lesser of two evils, at this point.

---------- Post added 6th Apr 2013 at 11:12 PM ----------

Plus the college is a ways away.

8. andersonh09

andersonh09 Guest

It's totally normal to be super nervous at first. I totally was. Try and think about the things you are excited about and looking forward to. Chances are, your roommate is nervous too. Living on campus is a lot of fun and there is a lot of opportunity to try new things and make new friends.

9. Saxyguy1994

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    With the college I am going to, I have a really good chance that I can get a great job right after I graduate. The college is 140 miles away from my house. It still will be reasonable though.