1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The clues we overlooked

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Femmeme, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Foxface

Let's see...some of the signs that I overlooked being bi

1. I always chose graceful and grandiose (see also: most men in are gay) activities. Most decisively is English Seat equestrian sports. I took ballet because I wanted to be a dancer.

2. I always felt a strong feminine side and qualities to me

3. I was aroused by my male and trans friends. I thought it was just a phase until I had a minor sexual interaction with a guy and loved it

4. My insane jealousy for the fashions and manners that women could take part it. I want to be fabulous dammit!

Foxface

2. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I used to constantly complain about the fact that because I was a girl, I wasn't allowed to take my shirt off and/or wear a tie on a whim. My mom spent years trying to get me to be more feminine- it worked...for about two months.

Also, while I had more female friends I preferred hanging out with boys or tomboys- anyone willing to smack around a light saber and play N64. Had a collection of Barbies I probably played with about three times before getting really bored by them- stuffed animals were the shit. ;p

I loved Mulan as a kid, super curious about trans* issues (like I remember I was on a writing forum and someone posted in the erotica thread about trans guys and sex- I followed that thread like a hawk and was all "Maybe I'll have a trans guy character one day so this is important shit") and I got into feminism because I was fascinated by gender issues.

---------- Post added 5th May 2013 at 04:36 PM ----------

^ That was me. "Oh, I'd be a really ugly guy but I'd be really gay and fabulous!" :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: And then fantasizing about actually BEING a gay guy.

#22 drwinchester, May 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2013
  3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As an 8 year-old cub scout, I earned my one and only sow-on badge in housecleaning...it was a little triangular badge with the image of a vacuum cleaner sown into it...not that it is particularly gay to be good at cleaning a house...I think.

4. 143kc

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    As a little girl I always dreamed of marrying a prince, I loved girly stuff, playing dress up, skirts and dresses, the color pink, dolls, and jewelry, so in some ways, I did not show signs of being a lesbian.... (As you may be able to guess, I am quite femme).... But I also only wanted a prince so I could have a baby, hated male characters on TV, obsessed over women actresses and my friends that were girls, and thought females to be superior to men..I was very sensitive to the issue of gay rights, and bounced between being a hard-core homophobe or 100% believer....I was quite an interesting child!

5. June Cleaver

Since in early childhood I thought I was female like mom should have been the biggest clue, but it was when I was 12 or so when I was asked to perform by the boy up the street and the first time he finished I loved it and was hooked! It's still the treat of the day to me! Now that has to count as a major clue! June

6. Rexmond

I used to love teddy bears, and I can't help but think that because I love animals so much it is in someway linked. I had so many stuffed animals that I would sleep with, and I always loved my male dogs more than my female ones.

7. afterthefact

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    All of my friends were girls, and I usually did anything they asked me, until they ended up moving of "breaking up" with me (kindergarten/pre-school). I had only one guy-friend, but I used him so I could play with trucks and other boy-toys.
    I always defended girls, even though I wasn't stronger than them. I did get in fights with boys, and usually won. But I somehow felt so alienated from other kids. I knew something was different about me, but I couldn't tell what exactly.
    Very random, but I obsessed with the X-files. I wanted to BE agent Mulder so I can at least work with the amazingly intelligent Sully. Intellect is the most attractive thing to me, still, and I was a sucker for that woman (~age 10).
    Didn't understand what all the girls in high school liked about boys, but this one girl 3 classes above made my insides turn into knots, I wasn't really even able to formulate words in her presence. I just wanted to be in her presence (middle/high school).
    18-23 yo - age of denial. All of the movies you ladies have already mentioned here before me, the involvement in equality and women's rights. Also, as an artist, I only, EXCLUSIVELY paint and draw female form, I always have (since elementary school). And there were a lot of female portraits, including nudes (which according to my male friend were more realistic than anything he (an art major, I am not) could do).
    An actual realized crush on a lesbian girl in class. There was no denying there. All of the above (and some) fell into one comprehensive picture. It's funny and sad to realize this now. I was so gay from the start. Those gender and sexuality classes should definitely do some good in high schools or maybe even earlier. That way there would be less confused individuals.

8. EverythingWeBecome

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Whenever my mom took me shopping I was angry and I kept saying: "these things are for girls!" or "Pink is girly!I hate it!".She had a really rough time finding me something to wear.I also hated dolls.I only played with toy trucks and stuffed animals.
    So I guess this is why she wasn't so surprised when I told her I'm a lesbian. xD

9. Dreamscale

Whenever I watch movies or TV shows (or even reading a book) with two hot women in it, I always want them to end up being together. I get excited and bliss when there are scenes between two(or more) women that are 'so caring' with each other. Two girls as a couple has this great effect on me ever since.

10. eatsleepclimb

:slight_smile: Cool thread!
    I always hated shopping and thought it was so boring. I've been really into feminism since 2nd grade when I learned about Title IX and how girls used to not be allowed to play most sports. And in middle school at a school dance when a boy asked me to dance, I said No, ew, and all of the other girls were so mad at me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I remember in 6th grade staring at pictures of Justin Bieber and thinking, I don't get it, what is supposed to be so amazing about him? Why can't I find him cute like all the other girls seem to!

11. Sully

*sigh* I love Lady Gaga. Even before I realised that was a 'gay' thing.

12. Rosemarried

Rosemarried Guest

When ever my mother took me shopping for clothes, I always found myself staring at the bras and panties ^-^
    Also, I felt a little awkward looking at catalogues and commercials with half-naked girls, but I just couldn't look away. Still can't- but now I know why!

13. Renge

I behave like a gentleman to girls and act like I want to kick some ass in front of guys xD I always want to be a boy, and I always think girls are just.. gentle and soft-spoken. But in appearance I'm really femme

14. When I was 10 I had an English tutor and I do recall that at least a significant portion of the lesson involved me thinking, "Oh my god, don't stare at her cleavage". I'm not even sure if those thoughts are appropriate for a 10 year old.

15. Femmeme

I got lectured by a speech teacher about how one should look only at the speakers FACE... I was soooo embarassed, and confused.

16. ReyJ

In the playground I'd play mummies and uncles lol