I will come out soon

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Yamato, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Yamato

I have decided to come out to my best friend, either tomorrow or Thursday. He will be the first one I tell, hopefully he will help me tell my other friends. He is FtM transgendered so he should be fine with it but im scared he will reject me or something.

I think i'm gonna just ask him how he knew that he was transgendered and hope he gets the hint, if he doesn't I will tell him directly that I don't know what gender I identify as.
    Does this sound like a good idea or do you think I should tell him directly that I'm questioning my gender?

2. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd tell him directly. I think that would show that you trust him wholly and don't want to keep it from him. Good luck BTW, I don't think that you'll have any trouble. ^_^

3. Yamato

thanks i keep getting worried, i told myself i would be out to him by the end of march so i can't chicken out now

4. LD579

I highly doubt he'd react negatively. If anything, he'd be the one to react most positively and supportively, as he'd, in theory, easily be able to relate to you. I think you should just be honest about whatever you're feeling. If you're uncertain, you can tell him that, as well.

I hope things go well for you =)

5. Zannan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    He's also transgender so I think he'll be accepting. Don't worry, he can relate to you. Just directly tell him.

6. Hexagon

This should be the one person who you can trust to react positively. Don't worry about it, and just come straight out with it.

7. doors

I doubt he would react negatively. He would most likely completely understand you, considering he's the same..

8. Yamato

I didn't do it, i chickened out. I couldn't get him alone so i could talk to him and now i've lost my chance as schools finished for the next two weeks. I feel like an idiot now cos I just find it so hard to talk to people

9. scouse

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't be so hard on yourself buddy. You're not an idiot, these things are hard. You made the decision to tell him so even though it didn't happen you're still half way there :slight_smile: Sometimes the moment isn't there but it will come around again.