If you had the choice, would you be gay

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Caliber, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Being gay is cool! Guys are just so much more fun :slight_smile:

2. Alexander69

I would chose to be straight. Because life would be easier family wise and friends wise

3. Fire2free

Fire2free Guest

If I had a choose then no I wouldn't be gay, but I do think being gay has made me. A better person since I've learned what it takes to treat others the right way.

4. mpac21

Yes, I truly wouldnt have it any other way. I wouldnt really want to be straight. At one point earlier in life, perhaps. But I sorta get along better with dudes more of the time anyhoo lol

5. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    no i wouldnt be gay if i had the choice... being attracted to men has done nothing for me and its making me distance from friends and famz...

6. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd stay bi. It can be a very challenging life to sort out, but it can be very rewarding as well, and ultimately worth it I think.

7. Aielar

I wouldn't change my orientation if I had the choice - I feel like it would be saying the message that it's not okay to be LGBTQ...and shame about sexual orientation isn't something I want other people to feel, so it's my goal to do all I can to end homophobia and transphobia. Also, girls are sexy and I wouldn't want to miss out on that :wink:

8. Kidd

Kidd Guest

Honestly, no. I really wouldn't choose to be gay, I've become way too jaded to believe otherwise. I've been out for forever. Being gay is and should be ok. I'm perfectly fine being gay. But it closes doors for you that are open for heterosexual people. It really does. And there has been nothing that being gay has brought to my life that being heterosexual couldn't have also gave me at much less a price.

9. Convoy

I would like to say no, I really would since it would make my life so much easier but I don't like that privilege. I don't like being stuck in a good situation, having others in worse ones.

So I'm ok with it. It makes things more difficult but what doesn't; I like myself, or at least I should.

Yeah. It wasn't a choice and I don't think that given the chance that I'd make it again, but I am who I am; and right now I'm gay.

10. Thieves

Thieves Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    If I had the choice, I would choose to be... whatever I was meant to be.

Whatever that is, whether it be gay, straight, transgender, or what have you. I don't have any knowledge of being anything else than what I am right now, and since I'm young, I'm still growing as a person... so it'd be hard to just choose to be something else. Who says that would truly be any better in the end? No use trying to change into something I'm not, and though I may struggle a lot with it, I'd like to believe with some work that I would eventually come to terms with who/what I am and live life as I should.

11. LoveMusicPoetry

Coming to terms with being gay has taught me so about much about myself, including how to be more considerate to others. I am a better, more tollerant person now and I feel happier being more accepting of people, so, well, I am aren't I, there's no choice about it. I'd rather take the positives from a situation, even a difficult one and run with them.

12. leer

if I was given the choice when I was 14-15 years old & gay then maybe I would have considered it to make life easier. but as I have got older and its no big secret anymore I love being who I am .

13. isobella

Yes. I naturally connect very strongly with females and the bonds are significant to me. I cannot even begin to achieve the same kind of connection with males, and to willfully deprive myself of this would be absurd.

14. unknownjourney

I would choose to be straight if the society is making it hard to be yourself.

I would choose to be gay if the society naturally thinks its like being straight. "Normal
    more like.

15. Rebellion

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wouldn't change it ever, the road may be quite harder than if I was straight but I hope it'll be more rewarding after all.

However if you asked me five years ago I would change it right away, I'd say the hardest time for a LGBT person is at high school.

16. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I wouldn't change my orientation if I had the choice, I think being gay is awesome :slight_smile:

17. Chloe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would not choose to be straight.

18. DanD

**choose** :wink:

I agree, in an ideal world. But, we only live once, I think, and I'd love to live the way I want to.
    The huge problems are finding someone, and then coping with the way others act around you. I know if they're real friends they won't mind, and if they do mind then they aren't real friends, but unless a gay human being can find a partner fairly quickly, then life, in context, becomes far more awkward, and the longer someone is single the worse it gets.

I'd prefer to be straight

19. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    people have asked me if I could be straight would I?
    The answer is NO!
    The only reason gay people are forced to stay in the closet is because society doesn't accept us. Changing to fit the ideal image of hypocrites and biggots is NEVER the correct way to go.

20. Oregontinker

I have lived as a gay man and as a straight man who was still gay on the inside. So I have seen what it is like to be treated as a gay person and straight person. I am happy being a gay man, even though it can be harder at times and would never choose to act as a straight man again for any reason.