1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Preventing Homosexuality" Ha....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FallenAngel, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Fisnou

2. Monocle

Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think I could read it. I'd just start bawling on behalf of every kid whose parents believe this crap. :cry:

3. swimmertriangle

Honestly, if I found a book like that in either of my parents' possession, I would probably just come out and tell them to stop reading the book because it's going to do absolutely nothing.
    I.Like.Men. I know, hard to process when you expected me to be straight as a #2 Pencil, but I guess I'm just one of those bendable pencils.
    Ugh. Seriously though how do you prevent homosexuality. Good luck.

4. LoveMusicPoetry

I must be so lucky, all my family and friends have accepted that I am gay. Even my nan, who I was sure was gonna disapprove, turned out to be perfectly ok. I can't even imagine having to deal with people with that sort of attitude. I feel deeply for anybody who has to face prejudice like that. Accepting that you're different, then coming out to others is hard enough, without having to deal with that sort of vile, backward shit.

5. Devious Kitty

Wow. Finding something like this must really suck. Do they suspect that you are gay?

6. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    That's what I was thinking. I mean, you wouldn't read a book like that for no reason, right? :icon_wink

7. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

Woot! I like that plan :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: lol I can't wait to get my hands on it! I'll definitely post anything I find!

---------- Post added 20th Mar 2013 at 09:48 AM ----------

I love the mother's reaction! It's so awesome watching her defend her son like that. Those dudes are freaking stupid.

---------- Post added 20th Mar 2013 at 09:52 AM ----------

Well that's the thing...it focuses on BOYS and their relationships with friends that are boys, and the relationship with their father. All that jazz. At first I thought it was for me (because I tried to come out to my mother a long time ago so I know she at least knew some stuff) but after seeing it, I can't help with think one of my brothers tried to come out and he just cut them down like my mother did to me. I'm still so upset about it :frowning2:

8. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why would anyone want to prevent homosexuality?? If there weren't gay and lesbian people in the world I wouldn't have any friends! :grin: I love the GLBT community! I wish the rest of the world loved it too... :frowning2:

9. Devious Kitty

Well, it could still potentially be for you. A lot of books and stuff like this focus on males because there are many people who don't have as much of a problem with female homosexuality compared to male homosexuality. Considering that it was probably bought before your dad read much of it, he could have assumed it was going to address both sexes when he bought it. Are your brothers gay, or are you just guessing?

I'd be upset too. Really, if it were me I would probably toss the book out. Are you planning to confront them about it?

10. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

Well none of my brothers have come out or anything but I always suspected one of them specifically was. He's so young though and with as sheltered as my brothers are (thankfully I got out of that hell hole) I just don't know what to think about it...aside from be angry that my dad would read something as sick as this.

11. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Citation please?

If that's real, I'd be really interested to read it.

12. theMaverick

I'm not in support of burning books as I find it wildly offensive. I'd make an exception here.

13. vani

vani Guest

I want to go to a place that sells this book so I can laugh really loud at it and have people looking at me XD

14. Unknown5

Unknown5 Guest

Probably a book my mom would like