Rest In Peace: 15-Yr Old Gay Youtube Star “Jamie Hubley” Commits Suicide

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dublin Boy, Mar 18, 2013.

1. 4ever Hearth

I wish ppl would think more when it comes to stuff like this. I wasn't opnely gay in my school but there were several kids who were and even more rumored to be gay or bi, myself amongst them. The guys that were out were very feminine and they got along fine because most of us didn't let anyone bully them especially the girls(The girls never once hesitated to make the "bad" boys look stupid for trying to bully anyone).

I wish teens would think more in the long-term and i'm tired of everyone saying "Well they're just being kids" because we all have a consious and we are aware when we're doing something that doesn't feel right(i.e the knot in your stomach, the memory of what you did "plagues" you, etc).

My point is that all it takes is for someone, preferrably a girl since they tend to do it better, to go "Who bullies ppl anymore? Get a life. And if the best thing you can think to do when you come to school is bully someone, what kind of "wanna be bad-ass" shit are you playing at?!" :tantrum:

2. SleeplessS

Another one....

3. Wowguy

Rest in peace little fella!
    I hope you are in a better place now, and you don't suffer anymore!

4. Dalmatian

Yes, this happened a year and a half ago. Which, to some extent, makes it even sadder, because that means that by now half of that "three more years of highschool" he dreaded has passed.

5. HelmetBoi

What an absolute tragedy. Poor poor kid. :frowning2:

Hearing stories like this intensely angers me. He'd clearly been suffering for a long time and the school were clearly aware of it, so why the fuck was it allowed to continue? Why? I just don't believe nothing could be done for this poor guy who was going through torture no human being should ever have to experience and I find it deeply troubling that nothing was done.

What a sad world we occupy sometimes. :icon_sad:

6. Ardelia

Ardelia Guest

This is unspeakable, he didn't even start living, so devastatingly sad.
    Rest in peace, Jamie.:icon_sad:

7. Renge

8. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    We still have a major struggle ahead of us even though Gay Rights have come a long way, the schools are a good place to start with, anti bullying is clearly not working, if schools refuse to believe that bullying is actually happening, homophobia needs to be tackled head on, our other problem lies with religion, religious groups need to realize how powerful they are, & to stop this line of we don't hate Gay people but we still think it's a sin, it sends out the wrong message & causes Homophobia!

9. kylo

^ I agree with everything you said, pretty similar to what I would have said myself. I literally am crying as I read this story. It breaks my heart.

10. Ticklish Fish

11. thegaymer

OMG. I can't imagine what the parents are going through right now. It's sad what happens in some schools today.

Rest in Peace Jamie Hubley :frowning2:

12. samelove

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This so extremely sad :frowning2:.