1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tattoos

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hopeful, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whoa. I had no idea that that was the traditional way. It sounds really cool and I'll definately be doing my research on this. Though, I don't think I'd be able to handle sitting still while someone chiseled something into me. Kudos to you.
    :eusa_clap

2. 6ix

6ix

I have a sak yant across my chest.

What would have taken maybe 45 minutes - 1 hour with a gun ended up taking 10 hours with bamboo, but it was worth it.

3. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I really want a tattoo, but I don't know what of.
    It'd be on my upper arm/bicep.
    I'm going to wait until I can create a tattoo that actually means something to me.

4. tulman

Nothing you can't cover with a short sleeve shirt. They'll be there until you stop breathing and if you live to be a ripe old age they won't look as good as they do today. Think real hard about what you want, styles change. Research your artist, there are some real lousy scratchers out there doing tats that shouldn't be allowed to doodle on cocktail napkins. Needless to say, avoid the temptation to dig scratches in yourself with cheap ink when you're bored, stoned and/or drunk.

5. Hopeful

Thanks for the advice - what do you think of ankles, though? I think a small one there is tasteful, but at the same not very easy to cover up in the summer time.

6. i want a charizard on my thigh and my brothers names on my wrists.

maybe something travelling related llike a compass on my shoulder or high up my arm.

7. xashesxx

xashesxx Guest

I have six. Both inside wrists, one shoulder blade, back of the neck, right calf, and top of the foot. Top of the foot was by far the WORST!! Holy cow, did that hurt, but I still plan to do the other one. They all hurt while getting them, but it's definitely worth it! Just think about what you're going to get for a while before you get it. I have two that I walked in and picked, while I do like them, I just wish I had placed them elsewhere.

8. andersonh09

andersonh09 Guest

For my first tattoo I want the compass points on my left wrist. I have it all drawn out, I'm just terrified to actually go and get it down. I also want to get something in script on my arm, but I'm not sure yet, I want it to be something meaningful.

9. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know if I'm still up for the idea, but I might get a back piece done with a friend, like wings or something.

10. darlig ulv

I really want to get Hokusai's Great Wave Off Kangawa on my shoulder. I'd never actually get one though.[​IMG]

11. tulman

Ankle tats can be tastefully done. If it were me I would keep it (them) on the small side and feminine. For discussion, let's say you wanted a butterfly or hummingbird. You can dress it up with some flowers or sunbeams in the background without making it too big. Charm bracelets aren't bad either. You can hang charms from them that represent your personality or things you like. Birth signs are popular charms. If you want just a single image and want it to be subtle without it "shouting" its presence, place it on the inside of your ankle rather than the outside. Remember that inking over muscle is much less painful than a spot with bone close to the surface. But even over bone it's nothing you can't handle. A good artist will start slow to see how you are going to handle it. If you're really freaked he (she) may suggest something simpler or maybe just black work (no color). Many people like black work because it can be very detailed and the details are not lost in the colors. I think it takes more experience to do really good black work and it's most effective on larger tattoos that make the fine detailing more visible. Don't plan on drinking before or while being inked. Alcohol thins the blood and makes it bleed more which tends to dilute the ink resulting in lower quality. Responsible artists may even refuse to work on you if you're too drunk. Drunk clients can be problem clients. One more thing: if you see a tattoo on the street or wherever that catches your eye don't be bashful about approaching the wearer and asking who did it and if they liked the artist. Wearers are usually proud of their ink and don't mind talking about it. It's also a great way to start a conversation if the wearer is someone you might be attracted to. Just make sure they're not attached to a jealous someone nearby . It could get ugly, especially in a bar with everyone drinking.

12. tulman

Keep in mind that the above is merely personal opinion. Everything is personal choice, placement, content, coloring etc. Just give it plenty of thought. Once you decide on what and where wait a week or so and see if it still appeals to you.

13. FemCasanova

[​IMG]

Terrible picture of it, but that`s my tattoo. On the ribs, it`s pretty big :grin:

It took 6 hours and hurt like a son of a bitch. But I don`t regret it at all! It`s my Star Wars Geek tattoo, and something that always makes me think of how much fun I have had with my siblings, who share my humor and geek factor

:grin:

Since having this dude on my ribs is pretty unbalanced, I want a tattoo of Vala from Stargate SG1 on the ribs on the other side.

[​IMG]

#33 FemCasanova, Mar 18, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  14. rabbit1

rabbit1 Guest

i have alot myself. have a chef knife tattooed on my right forearm, life dates tattooed on my left forearm, a rabbit tattoed on my right shoulder for my daughter, a tiger moth done on my right hip area, and a flower tattooed on my left side which stands for the last defender of Ragnarok

15. the frizz

I have the quote from my signature tattooed on my wrist.

16. steelelindz

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have two tattoos right now.
    First one was last year was of baby footprint with my sis name to my sister in memory of her on my top left arm and i love it.
    Second was recently last month of map of California rep Long Beach and showing the love of my hometown where i was from and i am sooo love it! I def want to get more soon. :grin:

17. Onyxknight

I have my Zodiac symbol on my lower right leg. I'm a Capricorn; it's just the head of a goat, and it looks a little too realistic, so I'm gonna get it redone eventually to something a little more stylized. I also have plans for at least three more: my next one will be a yin yang sign, but instead of black and white, it'll have the four elements incorporated into it; Earth, Water, Fire, and Air, potentially with Metal in the middle, haven't decided yet. The third will be something depicting my Cherokee Indian heritage, and the fourth will be a side-piece of some kind. I like tattoos, lol.

18. RedMage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The barcode one sounds neat; the date of assembly. :lol:

I've been thinking of getting a tattoo but once I get to my ideal weight and feel comfortable with my image. Wouldn't want to get a tattoo and not feel comfortable with it, that wouldn't be good. A tattoo of Amano's artwork of the Lich from Final Fantasy I or something symbolic for me.

#38 RedMage, Mar 18, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  19. Hopeful

Thanks! I appreciate the advice. If I get a tattoo I'll think it over for a long time (already have been) as far as placement and what to get. I would like it to be small and tasteful. I hadn't considered the inner ankle; it's different and I like that. I doubt I'll have any issue with being drunk, considering I'm underage and have never had more than a sip of anything... but, times will change and I'll make sure to keep that in mind. Thank you!

20. cycle 50

If I ever get married I always thought of getting a ring tatooed of my finger
    I can not wear rings while working- cause they get caught on things and is a danger