1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Often Are You Single?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by myheartincheck, Mar 5, 2013.

1. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I honestly have mixed feelings. There are times when I wish I weren't alone. I see sometimes couples, and feel a stab in my heart.

But...at the same time, there are advantages of being single. I can do what I want, when I want. I don't have to argue about Plan A vs Plan B (whether the plans involve what couch to buy, what vacation to take, or what hobbies I can have). I am also heavily introverted, so being by myself really isn't that hard. Being around people for extended periods of time is draining. If I lived with someone else, I'd have to have my own space where I could hide out.

I also realize even at the worst times of "why does everyone else have someone but me!?!" that being single has its problems, it would be far worse being in a terrible relationship.

2. DanD

I agree with the above.

One of my brothers has a wife who just argues with him constantly. I remember a few years ago, he crashed round mine as she's punched him and knocked one of his teeth out.

Another brother is 100% under the thumb, and can't even so much as go for a walk without permission.

I can see both sides to being in a relationship vs being single, and while being single allows freedom it can be a lonely place to be. I'd love a relationship, partly just to know what it's like; if it does make you feel like life's really worth living - also, so I can say to myself that I was a decent enough person to attract someone, before it's too late.

3. SkyDiver

I've never had a real relationship. I've only ever been in stupid and fake ones (with girls) to try and convince myself that I wasn't gay.

Honestly, I want a guy to be with when I'm in the mood for it. Sounds bad.. I know. It'd be nice to have a boyfriend who'd be comfortable with not constantly being around me and texting me 24/7. I know many couples who are like this.

4. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ive had a few Girl Friends...even had two kids to one...(yes i see the kids and that gushy stuff people are thinking)

Yet to have a guy partner... highly doubt i'll will

5. PawsUp456

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm the same as you, my friends come to me when they need to cry about their problems or need relationship advice of any sorts....and yet, I've literally NEVER been in any relationship whatsoever. Go figure. Needless to say, if anyone here is in NY, let's talk sometime :wink:

6. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I was single all of my life up until I met my girlfriend not too long ago.

I was never really open in my life so no girls ever showed any interest in me besides my one friend but it was just a temporary crush, I guess. Mainly guys have developed feelings for me, but again, I'm never interested.. so no boyfriends here. (And it's quite annoying considering a lot of them seem to take interest in me for some odd reason.)

I guess I don't really care. Never really made it a big deal, anyway. It'd get to me how much some of my friends and classmates would bicker on about being single and wanting a relationship as if the world were going to end if they remained solo.

7. Danny19

ive been single forever. at first it didnt bother me. but now i wish i was in a relationship. lol i guess it will happen sometime

8. cassexy

cassexy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I AM single always, i hope to get a partner and be happy

9. castle walls

I enjoy being single. Usually, I'm in a relationship so I'm enjoying the chance to focus on myself and what I'd like to do. I'm not opposed to entering a relationship right now but I'm not looking for one either (I don't believe in actively searching for relationships). When it happens it happens. I'm not too worried about it

10. LoveMusicPoetry

Well, I've told my husband that I'm gay and that our marriage is over...so I guess that makes me single again.

11. gador

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was (am) single for 100% of my life. being in a relationship would be a nice change.
    Unfortunately its difficult if your not out and also I'm not too good at making new friends (I'm shy and introverted)

12. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

When am I not single?! *sigh*

13. leer

only had one serious relationship that was last year and it lasted 6 months i did like the idea
    of having someone around waking up in the morning next to him but he lied about a few things so i ended it. Also at school I had a girlfriend ''i knew i was gay so it was brilliant cover cover'' that lasted 2 weeks we did nothing no kissing ,holding hands , am surprised it lasted so long .

14. since i turned 18 ive been single since then so 3 and a half years and a year before turning 17 aswell. 18 was when my year serious relationship ended. if you discount a non serious random sort of not really relationship that was a few months after that... it was confusing XD

but when i was 14-15 i was hardly ever single i just needed a boyfriend lol. to fix me. but it didnt work and none of those were serious. so i dont think it counts you know week relationship sort of things. :s

but yeah i am most happy single since i turned 16 i sort of stood on my own two feet rather than needing someone to be happy.

15. therunawaybff

Well I didn't really date anyone in high school, so I was single then most of the time. I took girls to the dances (a few of my female friends, who might have read a little more into it than I would have liked) but that was about it.

Met my current boyfriend when I was 19, having been seeing him since - at least on the sly - with a two-year break when I moved out of state.

But technically, I was single the whole time I was in college because we weren't officially together.

16. Mandy

Single and loving it.

17. samizer0313

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Out of 15 years 11 months, I've only been in a relationship for one month (ongoing now)

18. Quisto

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've never been in a relationship. I've been on dates, but they've never gone anywhere, which I admit is kind of my fault. I was dating guys at point where I was still figuring myself out. I wasn't mature enough to date yet, and I think that's why I pushed potential boyfriends away. I'm more sure of my sexuality now than back then in that I know for a fact that I like men (still don't know about women, though).

I would love to be in a relationship. Recently, I was having an emotional issue because I was seeing all these guys in relationships, while I was all alone. It hurt, but I'm over that now. I'm just going to let things run their course and hope that a guy comes around eventually.

19. Bolin

Up until recently, I'd always been single. But I guess it isn't all my fault since I was kinda forced into the closet for most of my life.

20. fuzzywuzzy

For the last 6 months I've been single. Before that I was in a serious relationship with a girl...which helped me realise who am I by trying to prove to myself that I'm straight. I guess I got emotionally tied to her. I loved the good moments with her but the bad ones...oh god the bad ones... bipolar disorder anyone? Not to mention she was homophobic (only towards the boys) but was bi herself.