Forum RP -- Beneath Brymassen (Test Run)

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Tetraquark, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

((I don't think that really fits the setting. I might consider races other than the listed ones, but you do at least need a class (for roll bonuses/penalties) and pronouns (so that I'll know how to refer to your character).))

((You're good to go!))

[20] The cave certainly stinks. It seems unlikely humans, even bandits, would live here; you imagine that the inhabitants are probably kobolds (if you're lucky) or goblins or orcs (if you're less lucky).

[18] A little way into the eastern tunnel you find a door whose lock was hidden behind a swiveling nub of rock. It looks like you will need a key to open it (or find a thief to lockpick it for you).

Always cautious, you enter the room carefully, avoiding the trap.

2. Just Jess

(I don't know how I lost this thread, but cool, lots of people playing!)

I stay close to the man and keep my eye on him. I try to engage him in small talk, asking him his name, asking him where he met his wife, etc.

---------- Post added 19th Mar 2013 at 05:51 PM ----------

And if he's more worried than suspicious acting I'll go ahead and catch up to everyone else in the cave. I ask if it's safe when I get to the mouth.

3. Yamato

I look more closely at the door, it might be trapped, and shout to the others "Hey, I've found a door. Do any of you know how to pick the lock?"

4. SecretSheik

Out Status:
    A few people
    My nose wrinkles at the stench but at hearing that there's a locked door that needs a key. The missing children could possibly be inside and if it all possible that there might a key on the ground. Crazier things have happened in the young warriors life. I look about the rocks and debris, perhaps our luck will have changed for the better.

5. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

The man mentions his name is Thom, and he and his wife were childhood friends. Their families had both lived in this village for generations. He answers all of your questions without much hesitation, but whenever the topic moves toward his children he struggles to hold back tears. He doesn't seem suspicious.

Your curiosity satisfied, you approach the mouth of the cave and call to the other adventurers. Astrid, who is still standing near the entrance, tells you to avoid the oddly colored stone.

Unfortunately, the party appears to have lost its thief. No one present knows how to pick locks.

[3] Not a bad idea, but no such luck. You do manage to stub your toe on a rock.

6. Yamato

"If we don't have a thief, who can pick this lock and there isn't a key, how are we going to open this door?" I ask the others.
    I start to look round the rest of the cave for anything interesting or useful that could help us with our quest.

7. Just Jess

"I can head back into town and hire a locksmith. I don't have a lot of money though. If we could all pitch in a couple of gold I'm sure that would be enough."

8. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

((Sorry I haven't been able to update as often as I would like. My depression is really acting up. :/))

The path continues past the hidden door to the east for 10 feet before curving to the south, then opening into a room with a large pit after another 10 feet.

Not a bad idea. Any takers?

9. SecretSheik

Out Status:
    A few people
    ((sorry I have been away as well ><;;;; so much going on in personal life & distractions abound ugh...But here I didn't forget this!! D8 ))

I dig into my pockets and spare a few pieces of gold I can offer to getting a locksmith. 10 Could suffice on my part. I have to be mindful of what we need. "Here's 10 find us somebody. But be quick, we don't know what else could be in here."

10. Yamato

((Sorry, been quite busy recently))

"Here, have 10 from me as well, that should be enough for a locksmith shouldn't it?" I say whilst finding 10 pieces of gold

11. rg93

Is this still going? I'd like to join in if this adventure is still continuing on :slight_smile: