Forum RP -- Beneath Brymassen (Test Run)

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Tetraquark, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

((It's not too late. Everyone is still in the tavern.))

2. SecretSheik

Out Status:
    A few people
    Name: Theo
    Races: Human
    Items: Longsword, shield, chainmail, with a rust colored tunic, couple health potions (if allowed) And a small knife if all else fails.
    More or less adventuring, wandering, and doing odd jobs now and again for those he believes to be in need. Some call him a hero, others call him a renegade. But Theo shrugs it off does what he can and makes do with the time he was given.

3. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

((You're a fighter, right? You can take the health potions, and you start with 20 gold.))

4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    About to leave the tavern, I stop and turn around, drawing my sword with my left hand. "Are any other able-bodied people coming to give aid to this man and his family? Surely you wouldn't want to be caught drinking when there is work to be done. Come hither and let us search together."

5. Yamato

I stand up and also raise my sword. "I will help you with the quest to find this mans family and I hope a few others shall join us."

6. SecretSheik

Out Status:
    A few people
    ((OOC Yeah I forgot to mention I am a fighter ^^;;; Sorry about that and thanks!! ))
    I glance about seeing that a few have already answered the call but something feels that their might be more to this quest than just a simple rescue mission. "Count me in, I will help you on this quest of yours."

7. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I cast magic missile at the darkness.

8. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

((Sorry. Meant to get an update up yesterday, but life got in the way.))

The man looks taken aback by the response. "Thank you, all of you. I will take you to the cave."

With that the group leaves the tavern and heads for the hills outside of town. It looks to have been dug by human hands, perhaps as a hideout for bandits, though it has clearly fallen into a state of disrepair. But it's not completely abandoned -- small, humanoid footprints lead into the entrance. The party follows them in.

They see a room roughly 30 feet by 30 feet with openings to the west and east.

9. Yamato

I glance around the room, without entering, to see if there is anything in there that could be dangerous.

10. SecretSheik

Out Status:
    A few people
    Not sure if there's traps of some kind that could be triggered by our footsteps I take hold of small rock and roll it a bit along the way wondering if it'll trigger anything. "Best to wait a moment. We can't be too careful."

11. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

[18][14] Both Senri and Theo spot an oddly colored stone set into the floor just inside the entrance. They deduce that it will probably trigger a trap if stepped on (the rock wasn't heavy enough to trigger the trap and confirm this).

#31 Tetraquark, Mar 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2013
  12. SecretSheik

Out Status:
    A few people
    Seeing the oddly colored stone I try to avoid it by stepping around it and pray that it will be the last of that trap. "Let's try to avoid any odd colored stones or anything else out of place. I have a feeling we're not going to be alone much longer."

13. Yamato

Very carefully I follow Theo into the room, watching for anything else that could trigger a trap. I look around for any clues to where the children could have been taken.

14. 4ever Hearth

(I wanna join!...I only counted 7 active characters so I am hoping it's all good. In reference to the Mage one spell limitation, not really since from the looks of it, Mages can be quite resourceful with items. And that adds a sense of balance to it. But I won't lie, it would be nice to be able to have a offensive and defensive spell. :icon_bigg)

Name: Naifel
    Race: Halfling(Human/Elvish)
    Class: Mage
    Spell: Shield
    Items: Novice Magi Robes, Ancient Sycamore Wand(Family Relic), Family Spellbook and a Pouch of Miscellaneous Magical Utensils(i.e: a Scrying Crystal, a Map, Mystical Pendant(given to her by former Tutor. Pendant serves as guide and grants Light. Is that ok?), and 2 Scrolls of Elementia's Wrath(Lightning and Earth. Is that ok?).

Story: Naifel was one of few "Legacies" of the Academia of Magicks. Descended from both Human and Elven Magic-Users, Naifel's potential for Magic was thought to be great. Instead she showed lack of focus, lack of linguistic skills for spellcasting and lack of ingenuity when attempt fell short of desire. Constantly finding herself being "cuddled", Naifel packed what she could get her hands on, tools held dear by both mother and father. During night of escape, she was caught by her former tutor whom she spoke of dilemna to. Afterwards, he retrieved a pendant from his belongings and passed it to her before wishing her luck on her journey. That night, Naifel left the Academia of Magicks in favour of a rigid, vivid experience as a Drifter in hopes that destiny would allow her to reach heights of her ancestry.

15. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

You enter the room. Nothing ambushes you, so it looks like you will be alone for a little bit longer.

[1][13]You not only fail to spot any sign of the kidnappers, but also trip over your feet while walking into the room, stepping on the oddly colored stone. A cluster of spears suddenly fires from the ceiling. Thankfully you recovered from your stumble quickly enough to jump out of the way.

((Halflings are basically hobbits, by the way. Also, each item in the pouch counts individually, as does each scroll, so you can't take all of them. However, the pendant and the scrolls themselves are fine, but I'll treat the latter as single-use, like the scrolls in Skyrim.))

((You start in the tavern with 50 gold.))

As you enter the tavern you pass a small band of adventurers heading out the door. After you finish your dinner you ask a fellow patron if he knows what they were up to. He fills you in on the man's request to find his children. You decide you want to help him and hurry out the door, hoping to catch up with them.

You run into the man as he makes his way back to the tavern. Happy for any additional assistance, he offers to take you the cave where the other adventurers have already started their search.

16. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Astrid arrives last, having taken the rear guard to avoid an attack from behind.

17. ryanninjasheep

If this isn't allowed, it's okay... I'm just bored

Name: Bloop
    Race: Floaty jellyfish of awesomeness!
    Class: er...

Attack: Tentacle zap
    Gear: None

Bloop spent its entire life in a pet shop. Not much to say...

I'm hoping Bloop'll be bought by someone

18. SecretSheik

Out Status:
    A few people
    My steps are still cautious as I keep hold of my weapon just in case. I sniff the air briefly to detect if any unknown odors are present are in the room. Even though nothing is here, that doesn't mean the lingering sense of danger hasn't passed just yet.

19. 4ever Hearth

(Ok how about this):

Name: Naifel
    Race: Elvish
    Class: Mage
    Spell: Shield
    Items: Novice Magi Robes, Family Spellbook and a Pouch of Miscellaneous Magical Utensils(i.e Mystical Pendant(given to her by former Tutor. Pendant serves as guide and grants Light), and 2 Scrolls of Elementia's Wrath(Lightning and Earth.)

#39 4ever Hearth, Mar 18, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  20. Yamato

I continue to look around but alot more carefully now to avoid setting off any other traps. I look to see if there are any entrances to the room that we haven't seen